Whey protein powders

Options
ruwise
ruwise Posts: 265 Member
Hi All

I am vegetarian and am really struggling to get to my protein goal. I've seen a lot of threads about whey protein but most of the brands seem to be US only. Does anyone know any good low calorie whey proteins that you can easily get in the UK. I'd like a plain unflavored one and a chocolate one ideally.

Replies

• x3na1401
    x3na1401 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Optimum nutrition double choc is nice but cinnamony, maxi muscle pro max choc is another.

They each taste quite different. I prefer ON for shakes and Promax in porridge

Amazon do some good deals.

The strawberry promax is ok too but banana gross

They are all vegetarian
  • DarrelBirkett
    DarrelBirkett Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I use MyProtein as I like most of their products and have a good range. You might look at their (or others) Soy protein. I'd look for flavored though as unflavored doesnt usually taste so clever.
  • lucycaz
    lucycaz Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi

My Protein are great lots to chose from in the range

I use the pure 95 whey which is really good unflavoured I blend it with fresh or frozen berries and hazelnut milk this way I avoid all the sweetners

It also looks and tasted like a McDonalds milkshake

They also do Pea protein which my trainer recommends

Lucy
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Great thanks for the replies. Will try some of the suggestions. I wanted one unflavoured so I can add it to food like porridge as I'm struggling to eat all my calories some days and find the protein shakes actually quite filling.
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    MyProtein.com does sample sizes of the different flavours of their Whey protein shakes so you can try before you buy a big tub

http://www.myprotein.com
  • carly_am
    carly_am Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I am also vegetarian an have been working at getting my macros at 40:30:30 for carbs:protein:fat

In particular I have been trying to increase my protein intake without supplements.

My diary isn't public but feel free to add me if you want to take a look. Yesterday I hit my macro goal dead on for the first time and this is what I roughly ate for the day:

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled, 100g cottage cheese, 2 quorn chicken style slices.

Lunch: red lentil bolognase, 100g cottage cheese, 20g mixed sunflower & pumpkin seeds.

Dinner: stir fried cabbage, broccoli, carrot & some frozen veg, 75g quorn chicken style pieces, 180g quinoa plus seasoning

Snacks: low fat feta 50g. Plus some other stuff (tea, squash etc).

I think it is perfectly feasible to increase your protei from natural sources if that is your concern :)
  • Rssblade
    Rssblade Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi,,
    I buy mine online from www.theproteinworks.com, but Holland&Barrett also Tesco sell as well..Chocolate cream excellent, looking forward to trying Banana and Cherry Bakewell flavours.
    :drinker:
  • HunterKiller_wechange2
    Options
    I use Syntha 6 and it's great stuff. The chocolate flavour is delicious! :)

33141513.png[/url]
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I went cheap and cheerful and got the awful stuff from asda..it tasted vile.

Then i tried the precision engineering brand from Holland and Barrett and although it costs more, it tastes so much, much better!!

I am a veggie too and depend on this stuff to boost my protein.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I get huge bags (much more cost effective) of the Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey. Double Chocolate flavour is nice.
  • Dolly1209
    Dolly1209 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Try the site 'bulkpowders' there brilliant good value for money and even send you a text to tell you what time they're delivering!!!