Jillian Michael's on PCOS

Options
ranganayakee
ranganayakee Posts: 67 Member
Ladies,
Ever come across this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk8bIKdMFVw Found it pretty interesting. I did not know that JM has PCOS as well. Very inspiring and I don't have any excuse now!

Replies

• LoveFitNation
    LoveFitNation Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this!! I had no clue that she had PCOS...I also learned that a couple contestants (Julie season 4, Brittany season 5, and Oliva season 11 (winner)) all have PCOS ALSO!! I'm shocked that they were able to lose weight so quickly!! I remember hearing about Jillian making the "pregnancy comment" but I never looked into why she said what she did...glad I know the truth now :). Has she ever written a book on losing weight/working out with PCOS??
  • Tamicejl
    Tamicejl Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    That was a good post... I thought she made those comments out of vanity. I now see the real reason. Thanks for the post.
  • WifeofPJ
    WifeofPJ Posts: 312
    Options
    Thanks for the post I enjoyed listening to her. I never knew she had it either, I think that it shows how you don't need to be silent about it because you don't know who you can help by speaking out. i'm glad to hear about the clean eating I have been trying to eat cleaner and if you eat clean you eat alot less to no simple/processed carbs.
  • aeich8899
    aeich8899 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I did not know that.
  • crystalirene12
    crystalirene12 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Im so glad you posted this. Good to know.
  • ColleenRep
    ColleenRep Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow! Never knew she had it too! Good post!
  • Mrc1974
    Mrc1974 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, it is nice to see someone talking quite openly about it! I do wish that laser treatment worked better for me, it was OK, but not the lifeline I was hoping for!
  • SerenaBeans08
    SerenaBeans08 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Love Jillian Michaels and now I feel like she knows how hard it is to have PCOS.
  • shannasaurus_rex
    shannasaurus_rex Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm officially a Jillian Michael's fan now. Thank you so much for sharing!
  • Jetta1492
    Jetta1492 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this video. I was not aware that she has PCOS. This video gives me hope:) I was diagnosed with it several years ago. It makes it so difficult to lose weight, but, I agree with what she says about clean eating and exercise. It makes a big difference.
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Jillians book "Master you metabolism" basically came about from the research she did for her own PCOS. :)
  • nabzilla_uk
    nabzilla_uk Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing :)
  • beckslite
    beckslite Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this, it's very interesting to find out about celebrities who have it too.
  • ANuSeason
    ANuSeason Posts: 16
    Options
    Jillians book "Master you metabolism" basically came about from the research she did for her own PCOS. :)

I didn't know about the book.

After I seen this post( the very first one) .I went an did a search of just Jillian Michaels to see if there was anything else.the poster above said she came at it as a "vanity stand point" or something along those lines(I don't think I am totally quote the person exactly so forgive me... but that was the jest of it.)

I did to a point see that she did come from a stand point of "vanity" side... I took it as a conversation that she was addressing the questions that the woman who she was talking to mentioned. Some of the things that made her uncomfortable outwardly. A lot of us on here express how it has effected us physically, like hair loss, acne, weight gain.... things that has bring down ones self esteem(now I am NOT speaking for every woman on here but many. as well as for myself)

Any whoo. On my search with her name on YouTube.. I came across this talk/mic/ show thing she does where she address many things and one of them in a few of her clips is about PCOS...

She speaks about drinking or taking a pill Vitamin Psylliym Husk. I was like hummm.

( cant take metformin body cant adjust. cant take B.C. because of having blood clot in leg and lung) the only thing I am taking is Spironolactone, which again we all have different results, but for me my skin completely cleared up/ it has looked the best it ever has since, my PCOS has Escalated, no more painful under the skin type boils? and my hair loss has halted to a very minimum, not completely stopped but much better.)

Well back to the vitamin she is talking about. She said it will keep you much fuller after eating for a longer time and on the bottle of (the brand I got was Meta-mucil/ in an orange bottle. I am sure any kind that has that as a main ingredient would do) anyway it says on the bottle "for maintaining healthy blood sugar levels. Consult your doctor before using if you are currently using medication to control your blood sugar levels"

Now I can only speak for my experience thus far... but I started of with the 2 capsules every meal /6 total. I have to admit I don't feel hungry to quickly and I am not sluggish after a meal like I can get at times (I even have my phone set to remind me to eat at certain times)

**** I didn't mean to slap all this post on the part I quoted of what you said. I am going to check her book out. Knowledge is power. ;) I am the type I hear and listen, and I see. I take what I feel helps me and leave the rest.

So glad this post started. Seeing Jillian having PCOS and those other girls on the Biggest Loser give me hope in losing this weight and feeling and being healthier.
  • ErinKEbert
    ErinKEbert Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Love this!
  • Lipstickcherry
    Lipstickcherry Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    awesome video! :drinker:
  • kepunch
    kepunch Posts: 1
    Options
    Was just diagnosed with PCOS and feeling very depressed ????
  • LissaD26
    LissaD26 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I don't have PCOS, but I have a pituitary tumor which gives me a lot of the same symptoms of PCOS. I'm struggling with all the same things you all are! I will definitely be looking into JM's book. :)
  • jmzz1
    jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    bump
  • prosato1229
    prosato1229 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing!