COS group Welcome :)

Options
Hey everyone I made this in hopes that ppl from the COS area would join and we could go one step fruther to helping eachother in goals. We live in such a beautiful area and spring is around the corner!!

Where's you favorite place to go for a hike?

Replies

• jtkwood
    jtkwood Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I hike and bike the Santa Fe Trail. Like to walk from Woodmen to the Air Force Academy gate. Lots of great things to see along the way, some good hills to get over and a beaver damn just before the gate. Saw a 8 foot snake and a turtle about the size of a bowling ball. I also bike the same trail but go much further, mostly the bridge at the entrance. The hike is 3.4 miles round trip and to the bridge on the bike is 6.8. I did the incline a few years ago but never really pushed myself to hard. Looking forward to hitting it again with more motivation.
  • bcc112986
    bcc112986 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm new to Co Springs. I enjoyed the Garden of the Gods.
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    Hoping to spark some life into this group.

I love the Barr Trail, even though you have to pay for parking now. Walking up and down Manitou Springs is great too, though.
  • roadmapmaker
    roadmapmaker Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    love going to dome rock state wildlife area and the craigs -both south of divide. spring, summer or fall because of the creeks.

this was my backyard as a kid!
  • tdnazarchyk
    tdnazarchyk Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    There are some really beautiful trails over by Cheyenne Mountain Canyon and Helen Hunt Falls. However, if you wanted to stay on road then the incline from the bottom up to the falls is a real smoker. I haven't had a chance to hike all the area but it look pretty awesome. Can't wait for warmer weather!
  • tdnazarchyk
    tdnazarchyk Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You only have to pay for parking at Barr Trail/The Incline if you want to park up by the beginning of the train in that new parking lot (I think it's $5). It's really nice to find that someone hiking earlier in the day has left their already paid for parking pass for someone else. I always leave mine by the post at the parking pass machine and find it's a regular occurrence.
  • pandahead76
    pandahead76 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hello! We're stationed at Ft. Carson and I haven't been hiking around these parts yet. :) Oh, I'm Randi, by the way.
  • theuber
    theuber Posts: 51
    Options
    :sad:

My favorite area to hike was Blodgett Open Space. I wonder when it will re-open?