Replacement for the supine hip extension

Options
Goal_Line
Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
Can anyone recommend a replacement for the supine hip extension? - I'm looking for something a little more challenging.

Replies

• Amazing1985RSD
    Options
    I want to just say squats. But may I ask exactly what type of work you are looking for?
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    If you have a stability ball, put your feet on it to do them. New Rules of Lifting: Supercharged lists the supine hip extension as a hinge movement. (In the dead lift family). You can try deadlifts or Rumanian deadlifts.
  • littlebigsteve
    littlebigsteve Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Glute Ham Raises sir ....if you dont have a ghr machine you can get a buddy or rig something up off a bench or a towel thats what me and my guys did at our gym before we got one
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Can anyone recommend a replacement for the supine hip extension? - I'm looking for something a little more challenging.

Yo fellow Seattle guy here also.

I've been doing hip thrusts with weight Like this
    Hip-thrust-top.jpg

Stared with 135lbs and currently doing 225lbs. At it for about a month. It's always challenging as you can add weight
  • littlebigsteve
    littlebigsteve Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    WHAT A THROW BACK ...i havent done those in a few years....might have to do it again soon for fun...or make the kids i train do it for even more fun, this is an effective exercise i back it...but with anything you must set up right