Day 4 _ a picture of one snack.... good portion size.

Options
Day 4: A picture of one snack you had today that you felt was a good portion size.

I'm quite proud to say that I had NO snacks today. I had my meals, and plenty to drink, but no snacking whatsoever!! Not been able to say that in such a long time.

Feel like a bit of a cop out though, so here's what I've been snacking on the past few days...

sglvs0.jpg

Petits Filous 50g strawberry yoghurt pot - 48 calories.

Replies

• rougecrayon
    Options
    Bad at pictures, but a delicious snack I just had was a half cup of red grapes and a half cup of green grapes! mmmm
  • daggoneit
    daggoneit Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Today I had about half a hand full of salt sticks.
    I. Freaking. Love. Salt Sticks. I used to eat a package or more in one sitting...
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I love to snack on Fugi Apples. They are healthy and my Dr recommends apples and says they are filling.

http://marisasugangga.byethost14.com/IMAGES/fuji-Apple.jpg
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I did the 100 calorie almonds was full and satisfied. I ate it only when hungry
  • stackah
    stackah Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    5fhhz6.jpg

I'm not sure if the picture will show up correctly, but a common snack I'm having today and many days is a piece of fruit and some nuts. In this case, it is a cutie clementine orange and some cocoa roast almonds.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    No pics, but my daytime snacks today were one serving of unsalted almonds and a banana with one serving of peanut butter, weighed precisely on my food scale.

At work tonight I saw someone buying the king size bag of plain m&m's (chocolate is a total trigger for me). So instead of buying one of those myself and eating the whole thing in two days, I bought the individual size bag and had that for a bedtime snack, while staying easily in my calories for the day. I feel satisfied regarding my chocolate craving, proud that I avoided a binge and hopeful I can truly make this a lifestyle change.
  • FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    No pics, but my daytime snacks today were one serving of unsalted almonds and a banana with one serving of peanut butter, weighed precisely on my food scale.

At work tonight I saw someone buying the king size bag of plain m&m's (chocolate is a total trigger for me). So instead of buying one of those myself and eating the whole thing in two days, I bought the individual size bag and had that for a bedtime snack, while staying easily in my calories for the day. I feel satisfied regarding my chocolate craving, proud that I avoided a binge and hopeful I can truly make this a lifestyle change.

awesome!!!! i did something similar yesterday, which is very unlike me. i had TWO cookies after dinner!!!! TWO!! usually i can't have any b/c once I start...well, you know...I'm proud of us!! :)
  • TheCrunchyChemist
    Options
    An appropriate sized snack for me would be 1 tablespoon of peanut butter. NOT 6 ounces as usual!!!
  • viktorijandz
    viktorijandz Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any snacks today but a perfect snack for me is 'snack pack' (50g)of nuts from 'Tesco', or 'Trek' whole food energy bar. Yummy! ^^
  • Thelxinoe
    Thelxinoe Posts: 32
    Options
    I had half (or rather, 0.60) of this amazing cherry "superfruit" bar:
    http://www.silverlandbakery.com/wholesale/images/WSraw/CherrySuperfruit.jpg

I also had two pieces of dark chocolate later in the day. I was able to stop at two pieces, so I consider that a success. :-)
  • supernatural234
    Options
    A snack for me is usually a small meal because I sorta go by the Body For Life eating plan still. A good snack for me is 1/4 cup nonfat cottage cheese mixed with 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt with mashed strawberries and whole blueberries mixed in. I also like to add a tsp of Truvia to it. :)
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I usually have them separate but I have a hard boiled egg in the morning and a banana in the afternoon. sometimes both in the afternoon
  • melsy78
    melsy78 Posts: 65
    Options
    No picture but yesterday (yes I am a day late again!) I had a yummy salmon sushi roll - just nori, rice and raw salmon with a drop of soy sauce and a bit of pickled ginger.
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I'm on my phone so pictures are hard to post. Today I had some blood orange chobani with some granola as a snack. Yogurt had 140 calories and my granola had 120 calories.
  • FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm boring...my snacks are the same every day. Haha. 1/2 cup cottage cheese w berries in the AM and plain Greek yogurt w pb or pb2 and kashi in the afternoon. Yum!
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    mine are pretty much the same too. salad in the am plus something carby and afternoon is usually carrots and almonds.