small, medium or large?? whats your frame

Options
Lieann22
Lieann22 Posts: 67 Member
Hi all

I am 5'11, I was 210 lbs and I am currently weighing 179 lbs, looking to get down to 154 lbs.

All help and motivation greatly appreciated (please feel free to add me as a friend).

I find being tall its difficult to know what the "right" weight for you is as you are proportionally bigger than most girls.

I am large framed so even though so of my friends are the same height and clothes size as me - and to be honest I look slimmer and more toned than some of them too - I still weigh at least 10 lbs more. Even when one of them was heavily pregnant.

Whats everyone's views on weight versus frame size ??

Replies

• Jenn152
    Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    i think weight is totally relative. i am 5'11 and probably border on large/medium frame. i can wear a size 12 at 200 lbs... its just a weird thing about bodies. everyone has a different shape. even if you THINK you look similar, you will still fit clothes differently. which i think is cool. makes us all unique. and yes, i love being able to weigh a lot, be healthy, and look good :O) saves me from having a complex about the number on the scale.
  • happydispatcher
    happydispatcher Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am 6'1 and definately a large frame. I always say I am built like a football player. Charts always say my ideal weight is around 182lbs. I haven't been that slim since grade school and I was 5'11" back then.
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and am on the border of medium/small.

Just means I have more to lose than a larger framed gal. :wink:
  • tracywaz
    tracywaz Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm odd- I have broad shoulders and hips, but small arms and legs. Not sure what frame size I am. I just know that because of how wide I am due to my bone structure, don't think I could ever physically fit into much below a 10. I was in an 8 once as an adult- but that was a wedding dress and since it wasn't a fitted skirt, that was a fluke.

I have really been working to get rid of the weight stigma and focus on body fat. Based on where I want to be, I should weigh around 160.
  • Xianpu27
    Xianpu27 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    5'9 1/2 and small frame... would love to have a larger frame as I'd be at my goal weight already :laugh: as it is I'm wondering if I might need to go lower than 147 lbs but will see when I get there!

The smallest size I've ever been in was UK 10 and that's what I'm aiming to get down to again - don't think I could go any lower than that!

ETA: Just been playing around with a frame size / ideal body weight calculator here http://www.etoolsage.com/calculator/Frame_Size_Calculator.asp?toolsort=1500. It told me my ideal weight is 132.8 lbs! Wow, that sounds SO low for me :huh:
  • Lieann22
    Lieann22 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    thanks for the link.

it says I am a large frame and my goal weight is 170 ?? I am still heading for 154 which is a medium frame as I think I am in between
  • dimsumkitty
    dimsumkitty Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10. I have a really small frame in terms of bones! My wrist circumference is 5.75" and my elbow width is only 55mm (2 1/8") with calipers. My hips, ribcage and shoulders are pretty broad though, so I suspect I can get down to quite a low weight without looking really skinny. All the more to aim for!

Edit: I followed the link and it said my ideal weight is 135.4, which is pretty much my goal weight.
  • Brie4me
    Brie4me Posts: 238
    Options
    5'9 1/2 and small frame... would love to have a larger frame as I'd be at my goal weight already :laugh: as it is I'm wondering if I might need to go lower than 147 lbs but will see when I get there!

The smallest size I've ever been in was UK 10 and that's what I'm aiming to get down to again - don't think I could go any lower than that!

ETA: Just been playing around with a frame size / ideal body weight calculator here http://www.etoolsage.com/calculator/Frame_Size_Calculator.asp?toolsort=1500. It told me my ideal weight is 132.8 lbs! Wow, that sounds SO low for me :huh:

I agree. I'm 5'9" with a small frame ~ that calculator suggests 130.5 is my ideal weight. :huh:

This one is interesting :

http://www.webcalcsolutions.com/Health-Calculators/Full-Body-Analysis.asp?AcctNum=3
  • Naturally_EB
    Naturally_EB Posts: 44 Member
    Options

Wow! I'm 5'10" and I normally considered myself a large frame woman. But according to this site, I'm considered small frame and my ideal weight is 139.5 :huh: I probably weighed that in middle school:laugh: Im just beginning my weight loss journey and I'm not sure if I could weigh this amount without looking sickly:grumble: I'm not sure what my goal weight should be. But I'm just aiming to be lean and fit. :smile:
  • peachypie1984
    peachypie1984 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Cool! According to that ideal body weight/frame size calculator thingy, I have a small frame and my ideal weight is 135 lbs which is what I am right now! Excellent! Haha