Week 1 Challenge

Options
mlanggin88
mlanggin88 Posts: 209 Member
Alright guy,

Most of us weigh in later in the week but I thought I would start the topic now.. As I start new challenges I try to challenge my self daily in making smart decisions.... I start small and work my way to harder choices..... Who would like to join me each week learning how to really change our life... I promise this will all be doable..

Week 1 Challenge...

Log all food and COMPLETE our log each and every day this week...

Who is with me?

Replies

• aefallis
    aefallis Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Love the idea of challenges! I don't think I'll do this week though. I'm taking a new approach to things. Got off track a few weeks ago when we had a family emergency. Lost a bunch of motivation from that and also because of the dreaded plateau. Without tracking calories the scale seems to finally be moving! So happy! So I'm just watching the scale for awhile.
  • kellygettinginshape
    kellygettinginshape Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I can definitely see a difference in my weight when I log all my food - even the bad stuff...it helps me stay on track and remember why I'm doing this.
  • NeloBelo
    NeloBelo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am in!
  • mjmbjmgjm1
    mjmbjmgjm1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am in. I haven't been logging that great last week or so, so this weeks challenge will be good for me :)
  • mary1028
    mary1028 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    sounds great. I am in
  • slwells1983
    slwells1983 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am in!
  • Helen_Luvnlife
    Helen_Luvnlife Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    This will be an easy one for me to start. It is a habit I have been in for awhile. I am in
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    yes :)
  • italianpeddler
    italianpeddler Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • mlanggin88
    Options
    Sweet....

I logged everything last night and stayed under my cal goal... I didn't eat the healthiest... but I was able to get a great wo in too the scale is down already from my weekend gain too :)
  • italianpeddler
    Options
    I don't know if the is just coincidence or not but I am going to try it again today. Because of my crazy schedule yesterday I flipped two of my meals. I had my larger meal which is usually Dinner for Lunch and my Lunch meal for dinner.

This morning I woke up 1.5 lbs lighter. I am not sure if it is because the food just had longer to digest or I had a longer time to burn off the bigger meal or it was just a coincidence but it is something to think about.

Sometimes Subtle changes have big impact.
  • krc99080
    krc99080 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm in for tracking everyday. It's been really helping me stay aware of what I'm eating.
  • mocatinho
    mocatinho Posts: 65
    Options
    I am in !
  • mocatinho
    mocatinho Posts: 65
    Options
    Me too, tracking has really shed some light on what I thought was a healthy diet. I may slip from time to time but I am much more aware.
  • mlanggin88
    Options
    I don't know if the is just coincidence or not but I am going to try it again today. Because of my crazy schedule yesterday I flipped two of my meals. I had my larger meal which is usually Dinner for Lunch and my Lunch meal for dinner.

This morning I woke up 1.5 lbs lighter. I am not sure if it is because the food just had longer to digest or I had a longer time to burn off the bigger meal or it was just a coincidence but it is something to think about.

Sometimes Subtle changes have big impact.

Change can always be really good on diet and exercise.... keeps our body on it's toes... I may try that today and see what happens :)
  • italianpeddler
    Options
    Just had a thought. In addition to stating our goal why don't we each name a reward we are going to give ourselves for achieving our goals. If we hit our goal we get the reward and take a photo of it or ourselves enjoying it as our new profile picture.

It would add some fun to the challenge. We can add an extra column to the spreadsheet where we state the reward. If it is something you can grab a picture of off the internet put that in there .

The reward doesn't have to be expensive whatever your budget could afford. It could be a pair of $5.00 earrings or a Hawaiian vacation. Whatever it is you earned it so flaunt it.

What do you think?
    Diane
  • LynnMartin78
    LynnMartin78 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am in! Next week though :)
  • lem_orc29
    lem_orc29 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Just had a thought. In addition to stating our goal why don't we each name a reward we are going to give ourselves for achieving our goals. If we hit our goal we get the reward and take a photo of it or ourselves enjoying it as our new profile picture.

It would add some fun to the challenge. We can add an extra column to the spreadsheet where we state the reward. If it is something you can grab a picture of off the internet put that in there .

The reward doesn't have to be expensive whatever your budget could afford. It could be a pair of $5.00 earrings or a Hawaiian vacation. Whatever it is you earned it so flaunt it.

What do you think?
    Diane

I love this idea! I already know what my goal will be...because I've said forever that as soon as I reach Onederland, I will chop my hair off. I LOVE short hair, but haven't been confident enough for it in years.