Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Winter :(

2»

Replies

• ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Reading about those of you that are Riding already is like "Salt in the Wound" for me :grumble:
    It's 11 degrees blowing & drifting snow, cold wind that cuts right thru you...brrrr!
    Possibly high of 29 degrees on Thurs, whoopie :explode:

Sue in WI
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    March in upstate NY.

35 degrees and...

3451_10151872980065200_99240802_n.jpg

I'm with you Sue/ladyrider - it's like salt in the wound!
    The good news is that it IS March, so it won't last long. Right? RIGHT?!
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Our forecast for this coming weekend is accumulating snow on Saturday and a high of 30 both days :sad:
  • I live just left of the center of this photo I shot while landing yesterday: 5394.jpg

It was -32 C this morning (that's -26F) so the Vstar 1100 Classic will be in the garage for a few days yet!
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    March in upstate NY.

35 degrees and...

3451_10151872980065200_99240802_n.jpg

I'm with you Sue/ladyrider - it's like salt in the wound!
    The good news is that it IS March, so it won't last long. Right? RIGHT?!

@icimani/Ginny yeah about that March thing? End of March & we're barely above 30 here in WI. Sure hope April brings warmer weather, rainshowers to clean off the salt. Riding Season, yeah. Right? RIGHT?! lol
  • Zosimah
    Zosimah Posts: 54 Member
    Well, I give up. I'll try to figure it out later and post then. :-( Darn photobucket.
  • KevinS62
    KevinS62 Posts: 239 Member
    Damn. I feel bad posting on this thread. We're having colder than normal temps and even close to record cold temps. But it's still 35-42º in the mornings, so I put my chaps and leather jacket on and I still rode to work every morning. I feel all y'alls pain. I really do. I grew up in northern Iowa. But, I guess putting up with the heat and humidity of the South Louisiana summers has its advantages.

-Kevin
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Damn. I feel bad posting on this thread. We're having colder than normal temps and even close to record cold temps. But it's still 35-42º in the mornings, so I put my chaps and leather jacket on and I still rode to work every morning. I feel all y'alls pain. I really do. I grew up in northern Iowa. But, I guess putting up with the heat and humidity of the South Louisiana summers has its advantages.

-Kevin

Heat, humidity, and BUGS LOL, especially for those of us that don't run a windshield. We've been riding a little bit here and there. This weekend's supposed to be in the low 60's and I'm sure we'll at least ride to a bar somewhere for a burger -- salad for me!!
  • dsl01
    dsl01 Posts: 97 Member
    Winter is not giving up its grip easily around here, so I had to bag my ridng plans for last weekend(decided that the sleet in the forecast wasn't a good thing to ignore, so that was that)

But, now gettin' out a little, riding to the gym, other local stuff, and with 70 degrees today and clouds going away, will ride to work tomorrow.
    'Bout d*mn time...
  • Zosimah
    Zosimah Posts: 54 Member
    Got about 600 miles in this past weekend with about 400 of that in rain. Ended up getting a hotel Sat night. Rain, Cold, Dark; any of those are fine. All three together is a bit of a risk for little return. Hopefully the boots dry by tonight!
  • dsl01
    dsl01 Posts: 97 Member
    I think we're there.:glasses:
    High 60's today, Sun and 70 + well into next week.
    All right, Where's my helmet?!