Looking for some CF support!

Options
ksellen1
ksellen1 Posts: 115 Member
I love CF. Seriously. But lately I've been finding myself not getting my butt out of bed to WOD at 5:30. I never regret going, but I still struggle to get there sometimes. I know I just need to get over myself.

Anyway, I have lots of Paleo support people and they help. So now I'm looking for CF support to help keep me in check! I'll get there again eventually. Winter is just hard, daylight savings sucks even more since I'm getting up at 3:45 instead of 4:45. I need these next couple of weeks to get back on track.

Who wants to help? :)

Replies

• madmags
    madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    You can get back on track. An attitude changes in a fraction of a second. Remember why you go to crossift and why you love it and recommit to yourself. You can be back on track as soon as tomorrow morning.
  • Ickle_Star
    Ickle_Star Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Try and focus on the feeling after the WOD! That's what gets me up in the morning. :) And I lay out everything that I need to wear/use for the WOD the night before so I get that extra bit of time in bed. Plan ahead. Good luck!
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah that damn alarm clock going off at 5.30 kills me too! But after 10 seconds lying in bed hating life, I know how awesome I am going to feel in 45 minutes - that's what gets me out of bed! (Having everything laid out ready to go helps too).
    Can you try another session at a different time to see if that suits better?
  • tantinah
    tantinah Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Have someone in your class hold you accountable and call you or text you. If you can carpool with someone and they are depending on you to pick them up for example, then that adds a lot of motivation b/c you would be letting them down.
    Or tell everyone you know you are going to the 5 am crossfit class (post it on FB!) and ask them to ask you about it later that day. Again, using accountability.

That's always worked really well for me.
  • jlcuster
    jlcuster Posts: 22
    Options
    One thing that has helped me to easily get up for those early CrossFit WODs is to get up at the same time every single day, even weekends and days off. For my morning CrossFit class, my alarm goes off at 5:55 AM. So, I keep that time set all week long and I get up at that time every day, even if I don't need to. It's made it a lot easier since then I'm not getting up earlier on some days than others.

I know this probably isn't for everyone, but it has been a huge help to me and I won't go back to setting my alarm for different times to different days. It isn't worth it.
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Idk what I can do to help, I get up at 4:38am every weekday to get to the 5:30am class also, but you need to get up earlier so I can't even shoot you a text message to ask if you're up lol....unless you want a text at 5:00am EST on the way to my own box to say YOU BETTER HAVE GOTTEN UP! lol

But if i can, do something like this, please let me know I don't mind :)

EDIT - actually i see you're in MN and I'm in FL, so if you're an hour behind I believe I can get you a text by 4am if I text you at 5am my time. Let me know if that would help you for a while i dont mind.
  • lifestruggle
    Options
    Will definitely add you. I also need crossfit buddies.
  • jlcuster
    jlcuster Posts: 22
    Options
    One thing that has helped me to easily get up for those early CrossFit WODs is to get up at the same time every single day, even weekends and days off. For my morning CrossFit class, my alarm goes off at 5:55 AM. So, I keep that time set all week long and I get up at that time every day, even if I don't need to. It's made it a lot easier since then I'm not getting up earlier on some days than others.

I know this probably isn't for everyone, but it has been a huge help to me and I won't go back to setting my alarm for different times to different days. It isn't worth it.

Just a quick update since I made this post a few days ago: I am now finding myself waking up in the morning at exactly 5:54 AM thinking, "It's time to get up." When I reach for my phone (which is my alarm), it will go off in my hand! My body is really getting use to waking up at the exact same time every day and it is worth getting up a little earlier!
  • madmags
    madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Great update.
  • julielittlefish
    julielittlefish Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Great update! I have to give up mad props to everyone who can WOD early in the morning. I've never been an early workout girl, unless it involves the pool.