Great book

Options
94coco2010
94coco2010 Posts: 9 Member
Hey moms,

So I haven't been using MFP for almost 8 months, but I think I will start again. I still have about 13 lbs to reach my goal and I think a bit of support will really help!

Anyway, I started reading the book "Made to Crave" by Lysa TerKeurst and have found her writing to be very inspirational. The book is all about satisfying our desire with God and not food. I'll be the first to admit that turning to a big jar of freshly made chocolate chip cookies or a bag of your favourite chips is an easy (and fairly tasty!!) way of satisfying a craving or dealing with an emotionally charged situation. Lysa challenges her readers to admit that while all things are permissable they are not all beneficial, and instead of relying on food for comfort we should rely on God and His scriptural truths to get us through. I definitely encourage everyone here to pick up a copy....it's a great read!!

Replies

• SunshineBB30
    SunshineBB30 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! I read that book last year and really enjoyed it. It was eye opening to say the least. I have been using MFP for a while but only recently started using the community portion of it. I could kick myself for not doing that earlier! I am close to my goal now...about 5 pounds. I have 2 little boys (3 and 4 yrs old) and we are getting ready to start trying for #3. So I wanted to be at my goal before getting pregant. Then I will use MFP throughout my pregnancy to be sure I stay within a healthy weight gain range. Feel free to add me as a friend. SO glad you you are planning to start using the site again:)