Starting Turbo Fire soon... have questions

Options
Beata375
Beata375 Posts: 68 Member
Hi ~ I'm planning on starting Turbo Fire soon (april 1st) Anyone else?

Also, I'm debating mixing it with the Chalean Extreme program. I know I need (crave) the high speed cardio... but I don't want to lose any muscle I've worked hard to gain. Thoughts?

Any input appreciated.

Replies

• Vini9
    Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hi Beata, Is this your first round of TF? I just ask cause I completed 20 weeks and felt like I needed to learn one program at a time TF does have some weight training in it. Two days a week and if you were to do a hybrid of TF/CLX then you would do weights 3 days and 3 days cardio. I guess it's all in what you are looking for. I am currently doing TF/CLX hybrid Janelle summers style ( that is charleans sister) I have 6 more weeks. It is kicking my butt :) Congrats on working to improve yourself.
  • jenihullett
    jenihullett Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard, Beata!

I agree with Vini. It really depends on what you want to do more. Since TF has some weight training in the program, maybe you should start with TF and see how you like it before purchasing CLX. I'm doing the CLX program now, and I am sorely missing the Fire workouts from TF. I'm going to start switching it up and throwing a Fire workout into my CLX routine every week.
  • Beata375
    Options
    Hi Beata, Is this your first round of TF? I just ask cause I completed 20 weeks and felt like I needed to learn one program at a time TF does have some weight training in it. Two days a week and if you were to do a hybrid of TF/CLX then you would do weights 3 days and 3 days cardio. I guess it's all in what you are looking for. I am currently doing TF/CLX hybrid Janelle summers style ( that is charleans sister) I have 6 more weeks. It is kicking my butt :) Congrats on working to improve yourself.

Since you've done both, would you say that TF has "enough" weight lifting in it? I like Chaleans' workouts but felt like Extreme wasn't "fast" enough for me (I did Insanity 1st, and craved that pace, and CE just doesn't have (for obvious reasons). Thanks for your input
  • Beata375
    Options
    t-++t
    Welcome aboard, Beata!

I agree with Vini. It really depends on what you want to do more. Since TF has some weight training in the program, maybe you should start with TF and see how you like it before purchasing CLX. I'm doing the CLX program now, and I am sorely missing the Fire workouts from TF. I'm going to start switching it up and throwing a Fire workout into my CLX routine every week.

Thanks for your response. I already have CE ~ currently doing it actually. Hence why I was thinking of doing a hybrid (because I don't want to lose the muscle I worked so hard for. But, like you, I missed that crazy pace of a phenomenal cardio program. Good luck!
  • StellaHarmon
    StellaHarmon Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I am doing both complete programs together. I am an advanced exerciser, and Chalene extreme's workouts are so short I find that doing them together is a nice workout.
  • Vini9
    Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hi Beata, I think that TF has enough weights in it yes, however you do it with bands and I didn't like that so I just used weights instead. You have to figure out how to do it though I was a FIRM exciser before beachbody and know alot of combo moves which is what they do in TF. Try it out and see what you think after 8 weeks. This gives you a very good idea if you think it will be worth it or not to mix it. If you don't enjoy it after that time frame change it to a hybrid. I think you will be surprised how much TF gives you. It will make you sore no matter what you have done before because each workout program is different. That's what is most improtant so you 1) don't get bored and 2) your body dosn't know what hit it. :) Also I don't think you will lose your musle, in durning or after you complete TF. It actually takes awhile for that to happen and it's mostly your diet that will affect your results. Not doing an intense program. I hope this helps.
    @Stella, your one crazy woman. LOL, Do you do one in the morning and one at night? I think that is the way I would have to do it just to have time to get it all in. Most days you would be looking at 1 1/2 to 1 hour 45min. workouts. Not to mention how tired you must feel. :)
  • StellaHarmon
    StellaHarmon Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    LOL, I do them both together. When I heard of CE I knew it was for me because I am pretty extreme.
  • Beata375
    Options
    wow! I definetly won't have time to do both in one day. I'm impressed by your commitment. Currently I'm doing CE & also a "GET RUNNING" program 3 days a week, and I have a tough time fitting all that in some days (I have 2 young kids that keep me busy). I can only imagine how fit/toned you are. :)
  • Beata375
    Options
    Hi Beata, I think that TF has enough weights in it yes, however you do it with bands and I didn't like that so I just used weights instead. You have to figure out how to do it though I was a FIRM exciser before beachbody and know alot of combo moves which is what they do in TF. Try it out and see what you think after 8 weeks. This gives you a very good idea if you think it will be worth it or not to mix it. If you don't enjoy it after that time frame change it to a hybrid.

Great idea about the 8 weeks ~ I'll def try that! Thanks :)
  • ginnyadams
    ginnyadams Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am also getting ready to start a hybrid of the two programs. I like them both. When blend are you going to follow? There are several out there!