Support Needed!

Options
HI. I'm starting Insanity on the 12th of this month. And honestly I cannot wait. I recently had a baby and unfortunately gained around 45 lb. during the 9 months. I used to be in okay shape before the pregnancy, but now I cant even stand to look in the mirror. I'm 5'6 and weigh 220 lb. This is the highest I have ever been in my life! If there is anyone else out there starting Insanity or even if you completed the program I could really use a support group. Just add me as a friend and lets take our weight loss journeys together!

Replies

• jfryberger
    jfryberger Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    there is a smaller group of people just starting insanity in Feb. I think its called insanity and beyond-or something like that.
  • sheriapryor
    Options
    I know I need help with this as well. I've been doing Insanity since November and I actually gained weight when I'm trying to lose about 50.
  • LizRodmell
    LizRodmell Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    HI. I'm starting Insanity on the 12th of this month. And honestly I cannot wait. I recently had a baby and unfortunately gained around 45 lb. during the 9 months. I used to be in okay shape before the pregnancy, but now I cant even stand to look in the mirror. I'm 5'6 and weigh 220 lb. This is the highest I have ever been in my life! If there is anyone else out there starting Insanity or even if you completed the program I could really use a support group. Just add me as a friend and lets take our weight loss journeys together!

hi i to was in the 220s when i started insanity. i am on week 7 now and plan on a second round after this go through.
    Insanity is Hard....very hard in month 2 esp for bigger girls like us. but danm it works. you will hurt but you just have to keep going.

i have lost 22lbs to date.And i have insanity to thank for that. i hope to hit my half way target of 25lbs by the end of this round. i will add you and we can support each other through x
  • clairekraw
    Options
    Hi! I just finished my second full week of Insanity. I aboslutely love it. It's hard as hell, but I love the feeling of having sweat dripping off my face when I'm finished. Plus, checking that little box every day is a great reward!

The hardest part for me is usually the warm up (pathetic, I know...), but my muscles are typically tight and I feel very sluggish. But by the time you get through the warm up and the stretching, the actual "insane" part is pretty awesome. Plus, the time commitment is totally reasonable. The whole thing takes less than 45 minutes on the longest day (I haven't gotten into the second set of DVDs yet...so we'll see!).

You'll see changes right away, just in tone and stamina.

Good luck and keep me posted!

-Also, FYI: I'm about 5'5 and 165 lbs. I've been working out for awhile and still find these DVDs very difficult. Take your time with them and remember to rest when you need to!
  • clairekraw
    Options
    Also...how do you record Insanity in your exercise on MFP?
  • LizRodmell
    LizRodmell Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Also...how do you record Insanity in your exercise on MFP?

i have a heart rate monitor. i got mine at about week 2. its the only way to know for sure. as a) everyone burns different and b)it depends on how hard you push.

before i got the hrm i used to log as intensive circuit training or areobics intensive....but it seems way off compared to the numbers i get on the monitor.
  • b3gonzalez
    Options

hi i to was in the 220s when i started insanity. i am on week 7 now and plan on a second round after this go through.
    Insanity is Hard....very hard in month 2 esp for bigger girls like us. but danm it works. you will hurt but you just have to keep going.

i have lost 22lbs to date.And i have insanity to thank for that. i hope to hit my half way target of 25lbs by the end of this round. i will add you and we can support each other through x

Hi,

I'm on my recovery week currently but have not noticed much difference. Have you been following the diet to the "T"? When did you start noticing your weight loss?

My current weight is 199, I started at 204.5 pounds and I'm 5'4".
  • Elocin1980
    Elocin1980 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi. Today was my first day and that fit test tried to kick my butt...but I didn't let it. I'm sure I'll need support as well. Goodluck!!
  • redredfox
    redredfox Posts: 76 Member
    Options

Hi,

I'm on my recovery week currently but have not noticed much difference. Have you been following the diet to the "T"? When did you start noticing your weight loss?

My current weight is 199, I started at 204.5 pounds and I'm 5'4".

^Weighing yourself is sometimes not your best best. You could be gaining muscle (which is awesome!) and losing inches. Muscle weighs more than fat but physically takes up less space. Your best bet is to take measurements of your body and try on your clothes and see how they fit better. Besides, many people gain a little weight when they start a new program because their muscles are "in shock" /swollen and this causes you to gain a little weight. Just push through and you will start to see changes.
  • verzanie
    verzanie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I put on 6 lbs when I started insanity..! But I'm now on week 6 and have lost a total of 4 and way more inches. The inches loss is much greater than the weight. Stick with it. Month 2 is v hard, i had to take a couple pf days off as I was getting burnt out and started using recovery formula.