Has anyone ever tried products on Help for IBS.com?

Options
Hi fellow IBS sufferers
Just wondering if anyone has ordered and tried any of the products on Help for IBS.com?
It also mentions it as the company, Heather and Co.
Wondering if any of the products she sells has helped anyone with IBS-C?

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    that website comes back as a job seeking site. do you have a better link?
  • AnnaM63
    AnnaM63 Posts: 25
    Options
    Did you go into http://www.helpforibs.com/ ?
    I just went into the site and it comes up with the correct site.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Ahhh. I just saw IBS.com. Ok I will check it out.
  • cartecay
    cartecay Posts: 2
    Options
    I have ordered a few items from Heather at helpforibs.com. The fennel tea is very effective for me (IBS-C), but the acacia senegal fiber gave me cramps. I mentioned to my gastroenterologist that I hadn't been able to find a soluble fiber that didn't cause cramping and pain and he suggested Metamucil Wafers, which have been working very well for me the last few days. I can't drink the peppermint tea that Heather sells that is supposed to be effective for digestion because I have GERD and have to avoid peppermint. I was diagnosed in August 2011 and am now pretty reconciled to the condition. I just avoid the foods that give me problems and try to follow FODMAPS. I also avoid dairy and try to stay gluten-free. Today is the first day I've been on the myfitnesspal site and I have enjoyed entering my food and exercise for the day. Maybe I'll even start losing weight now!
  • AnnaM63
    Options
    I think I am going to wait until I see the new gastroenterologist I made an appointment with. Hopefully he can help me get my body back on track. The last gastroenterologist I went to years ago was a quack so I am praying this one will be more helpful.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Anna, this has been the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with!

What has finally worked for me is probiotics. Good ones. I went to the health food store and bought the ones in the fridge.

I am on a self imposed, very strict diet. I take the probiotic in the morning. Have no sugar, eat small meals with no spicy, tomato, raw onions.

No ice cold water or very hot foods/drinks

Tons of room temp water and now I am walking 2 miles a day.

Last night I slept through the night, awoke feeling like 8 (on 1-10, 1 being bad) I have been a 1 for 5 months.The worst being awaking at 2 am with severe pain, to waking every morning with nausea and discomfort in my tummy.

Seems mine leaves me alone during the day for some reason.

My trip to a good health food store helped me so very very much!
  • AnnaM63
    Options
    arewethereyet,
    Thanks for your input. For years I had the worst symptoms starting 2 weeks before my menstral cycle. I finally got it under control by increasing my fiber and also getting treated for PMDD (premenstral disphoric disorder). Those 2 seem to go hand in hand with how I feel. Both conditions are worsened with stress. I was put on antidepressants trying several until I was put on fluoxetine. Unfortunately I started having long term side effects from the drug and recently had to go off it. I think my body is trying to adjust without the drug. That's why I think I needed to see another gastroenterologist to see if he could help get me back to feeling myself again. I do have Activia daily which helps me alittle. I am glad you finally are feeling better. I know it is really hard dealing with this because everyone is different and we all need to find that miracle that helps.