help!

Options
melodymedlin
melodymedlin Posts: 254 Member
Ok everyone I'm not trying to conceive. I dont' want anymore children as we've had a stillbirth, countless miscarriages and one healthy child(she's 4). I really need help. I am trying not to have a hysterectomy as i'm not yet 30. I have implanon in my arm right now. But this is my second one and i'm back to square one. Pain, endless bleeding (i've been bleeding since Jan.). I feel like my life is surrounded by how bad i'm hurting and how much i'm bleeding. What are you all doing for PCOS induced cysts and bleeding issues. I've heard about endometrial abalation and heard that it will help. Whats your opinion??? I'm just so tired of this!!!!! Oh and a little back story i'm on metformin, I watch what I eat and exercise(when possible), I have horrid migranes so BC is out of the question (tried 10 kinds in past). I feel like i'm running out of options. I have this!!!! Thanks in advance.

Replies

• JanaMichelle
    JanaMichelle Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh.. I'm not too that point in life so I'm not sure what to advise. Have you talked to your gyno about it?
  • melodymedlin
    Options
    Yes, this is a repeat problem. 10months ago I went through the same problems and was faced with a hysterectomy but opted for another implant and to wait it out. well I went on BC for 3months along with new implant and things straightened out. Now back to square one. Wish there was some way to work this out. I'm stress and yes more than a little tired of hitting the brick wall!!!! :)
  • runamuck67
    runamuck67 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had an endometrial ablation in Oct of 2012 because of the constant bleeding. For me the procedure worked out well. There are some problems that can come up even after an ablation so make sure you talk to you Dr about all of the possibilities beforehand.
  • melodymedlin
    Options
    :sad: thanks something has to give. I'm so tired of the constant stress from bleeding and hurting 24/7.
  • michelledawnt
    michelledawnt Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I had uterine ablation last year after bleeding non-stop, it worked very well. I recently found out that I have Pelvic Organ Colapse and will have to have a hysterectomy this year. I was somewhat surprised to find out that the Pelvic Organ Prolapse probably contributed to my bleeding last year and i just didn't know it. Definitely check with your doctor. But if you are tired of the bleeding, definitely check out ablation.
  • melodymedlin
    Options
    Thanks for your input. I've heard good and bad about Novasure and I'm pretty sure it will work out well for me. Were definantly finshed having children and while theyre in there i'll have my tubs tied as well. Going to doctor on the 10th so i'll let everyone know what he says. Thanks for all inputs~
  • pland54
    pland54 Posts: 132
    Options
    Sorry you're having all the bleeding problems :( I've been going through it too....I've been bleeding badly for 5 weeks now and have an appointment tomorrow to figure out why. I'm scared about the possibility of needing to remove my ovaries or get a hysterectomy before I have a chance to even try to have children.

I have read about ablation...If you don't want more kids, then hopefully that will be a good option for you. Otherwise, I'm curious why you are against hysterectomy if you're definitely done having kids? I've heard that PCOS symptoms generally really improve a lot after a hysterectomy. Plus, reproductive cancers (which we are at heightened risk of) would not be a worry.
  • melodymedlin
    Options
    Sorry you're having all the bleeding problems :( I've been going through it too....I've been bleeding badly for 5 weeks now and have an appointment tomorrow to figure out why. I'm scared about the possibility of needing to remove my ovaries or get a hysterectomy before I have a chance to even try to have children.

I have read about ablation...If you don't want more kids, then hopefully that will be a good option for you. Otherwise, I'm curious why you are against hysterectomy if you're definitely done having kids? I've heard that PCOS symptoms generally really improve a lot after a hysterectomy. Plus, reproductive cancers (which we are at heightened risk of) would not be a worry.

HEY ended up in ER due to horrid pain and bad clotting. Dr recommends me see gyno and speak about hysterectomy. After reading up on it i'm all for it!!!! :) I go to doctor Tuesday so I hope I have answers then. will let ya'll know!
  • pland54
    pland54 Posts: 132
    Options
    Woo hoo! I'm sorry you have had to deal with sooooo much because of stupid bleeding, but I have hope that now that you are board with the idea of a hysterectomy, it will make you feel like a new person :)
  • Tamicejl
    Tamicejl Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hey hun.....

Let me offer a hug... I have the same problem.... and BC is not an option for me either . I have been on metfomine as well. I can say the ablation sounds good for those that don't want any more kids and don't want to have the hyster.... but it wasn't for me. I bleed so bad I've had 3 transfusions... so I know about trying to wait and find answers but not really being sure. The options are thin and yet they are yours to make. If u needs some support let me know..... I do understand.