Hit the jackpot!

Options
Patster67
Patster67 Posts: 10 Member
I'm so glad I came across this group! I went vegetarian last June and subsequently put on about 10 pounds (on top of the 65 I already needed to lose). I love the vegetarian lifestyle but want to shift to a more plant based diet. I've watched Engine 2, Food Inc., Forks Over Knives, etc.... and now I'm ready to stop procrastinating and act. I've also switched to Almond Milk and eliminated yogurt, but I haven't been able to give up cheese and a few other dairy products. I'm looking forward to learning from all of you and sharing some recipes I've made.

Replies

• speedy001
    speedy001 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I know what you mean cheese is the hardest to give up. If you think about what it is in cheese that makes it tase good its essentially salt and oil. This means that you can easily replace it with any product that is high in oil. Ground nuts, avacardo or some olive oil will replace nuts in most situations. After a whil of not eating cheese you too will loose the taste for it. I gave up all dairy about two years ago and now find the idea and the smell really off putting. when I gave up the weight just fell off too - I have since found it again but thats not really the point.
  • laurieagain09
    laurieagain09 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Those movies are motivational with many convincing reasons to eat a plant based diet. I am vegetarian, and just watched "Veducated" on Netflix, and want to aim for less dairy in my diet.
  • greenwel
    greenwel Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Cheese is a tough one. I highly recommend a new cheese substitute called Daiya...melts beautifully. They make cheese blocks, slices, shreds,pizza..I love it. Google it or find it on Facebook