SOS: Shout out Sundays 3/24/2013

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Hey what happened this week? Anything good? Bad? What did you learn? It does not have to be related to this weeks challenges.

We discussed triceps, jumping rope, bicep burls for the fitness challenges...I hope you got a chance to try or archived to try later.

Mental wise with the health journey we discussed making a bucket list for fitness...this was my favorite this week. Hey you have a wish list for life...why not for fitness?!? Get out of comfort zone or combat boredom...what do you 'daydream' of doing with fitness?

We also mentioned an all time good one...DON"T GO to the store hungry and having a printable list is nice...all you do is cross off. It keeps you on track to getting the healthy POWERFUL foods that take you further in journey!

Peace,
WW

Replies

• tessavonhagen
    tessavonhagen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i got off my but and worked out this week first time in a while. so got to get back on track.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I had some fun. I realized that I'm in for life with Karate - that's not how it started. I started Karate just to support my kid's activity with it and it turns out I like it. It makes me reach out of my comfort zone. When I put together my bucket list, there are still some things on it that I still want to do sometime. But, I won't ever get my husband to hike any where. And I had some fun with friends while exercising. Life is feeling pretty up beat at the moment.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Spring is here. The cold should be leaving soon. I should be able to get back to biking again. It's still a bit too cold right now. I had to wear gloves yesterday. Soon...
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    I had some fun.I put together my bucket list, there are still some things on it that I still want to do sometime. But, I won't ever get my husband to hike any where. And I had some fun with friends while exercising. Life is feeling pretty up beat at the moment.

I understand. My friends are not interested in any of the exercises I do at all. Others only like to exercise alone so I know I am alone with that part of my journey....I exercise alone or in a class is the only way I get to be with others.

I did the triceps and biceps exercises and arms sore today! Woooo Hooo!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    I wanted ya'll to know i will update past post sometimes so if you see something...and like "was that not 2 weeks ago?" It is because I found new or updating information!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I learned I'm frustrated, I'm tired of trying, and I'm ready to just throw in the towel. I have been working and working and working trying to lose weight and I keep gaining and gaining and gaining. I think I've got it down and I'm looking forward and it fails. Problem is nobody can figure out what I'm doing wrong because I'm doing everything "right" or the other answer I'm getting is that I'm eating too much and that there is no way I can have a high metabolism, the test MUST be wrong, I should be dead if I'm eating under my resting metabolic rate.
    The sad thing is that the only way I have lost weight in the past to years is an extremely low calorie diet (ie 500 cals per day) I was miserable, starving, tired and couldn't do any of the activities I currently enjoy because I was so weak. I don't want to live that life again, I don't think I could even sustain the diet, correction I know I can't do that again, I did 5 days at eating the food that I ate on that diet but increased the volume so I was at 1700 calories per day... I was tired, miserable, starving, and could barely do any of the activities I enjoy.
    Question I keep asking myself is do I want to give up? I still have that little voice saying no I don't want to give up, I don't know how much longer I can keep up the fight, but as long as that little voice is there, I'm still in the battle.... I'm just getting beaten down right now.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    It's okay Rachel. I haven't really lost any weight this year. At least it doesn't feel like it. We all go through trying times.

I've had this rolling around for a while and just posted it. It fits what's going on:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/aakaakaak/view/don-t-quit-509274
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    It's okay Rachel. I haven't really lost any weight this year. At least it doesn't feel like it. We all go through trying times.

I've had this rolling around for a while and just posted it. It fits what's going on:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/aakaakaak/view/don-t-quit-509274
    \
    Thanks, I went to read your post and voted for it.... I guess, it's just so hard to stay positive and keep going when the numbers never go down after a lot of hard work and I see people working hard and getting it to work.
    I know some of it is gaining muscle because in the last year, I've been exercising a lot more that I have in the past, I know there is body dysmorphia going on, and I know there is a key out there and it's in the food, but I can't find it and I don't want to starve myself and deprive myself of things that I enjoy (especially when I know moderation makes it possible to have it.) I do have an appt with a RD on Wed

Failure is not supposed to be an option, but it's all I see I am doing in spite of all the work.... then to keep being told that everything I'm doing must be wrong because if I was doing it right I would be losing (still measuring all my food, I will admit to giving up on tracking...frequently, but I still weight and measure, think about what I'm going to have, ect)

I guess between the food troubles and being laid up because of my ankle, I'm hitting a low (also have an appt. with a Dr for that)
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I finally took the plunge and I have implemented a new challenge for myself. I have two friends that are joining me on the challenge too. You all have motivated me to eat more vegetables, thank you.

My challenge is:
    Before I eat junk eat a vegetable. The goal is to eat the recommended 3-5 servings of vegetables a day and make it a habit for life. In the process I might reduce the amount of junk I eat.

Hugs to you all!