Tips on Healthy Snacks!

Options
I am BACK to doing Herbalife & hoping to stick on it longer this time. I just need some recommendations on what snacks to eat along with my shakes? I lost about 15lbs before & didn't buy the protein bars, just had two snacks along with my one meal. I work out almost every day, so I need plenty of protein. Last wk, one snack was non-fat greek yogurt/almonds & blueberries. My other snack was low-fat cottage chs. I also have a banana in morning. Will these snacks work? Or any other recommendations?

Replies

• BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

For me, it really depends on my protein requirements. 1/4 cup roasted almonds and a stick of string cheese is a good choice. Jacklinks beef jerky packs a pretty good protein punch for the kcal load. We now have the F-1 Express meal bar that I can use for a snack. 200 kcal and 15 g protein.
  • missa482
    Options
    My go to snacks are:
    -hummus and carrots or pretzels
    -mixed nuts
    -greek yogurt
  • faband50ish
    Options
    Today I had a Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt with 2 scoops of Wild Berry Drink Mix stirred in. 150 calories and 27 gms of protein and it was yummy!
  • maryrajes
    maryrajes Posts: 17
    Options
    It really does depend on what your protein requirements are for the day...of course calorie intake, fiber and water all are a part of the healthy lifestyle and nec to lose weight. Some of my snacks are as follows:

1) 1/4 c raw almonds, unsalted; cheese stick and 1/2 sandwich thin roll
    2) 1 cup raw cauliflower, 1/4 c raw almonds, unsalted and 2 tbsp homemade ranch dressing (low cal/fat)
    3) HL meal replacement bar
    4) 1/2 c spinach dip (made with 16 oz 0% greek yogurt, 1/4 cup mayo) and flax seed crackers
    5) HL chicken soup; add steamed cauliflower or really any steamed veggies; sometimes I add garlic salt
    6) Sometimes I add small amount of dried craisins to my almond mix to change it up
    7) 2 hard boiled eggs and dip in 1/2 tsp mayo
    8) I love to blend cottage cheese, 1 tbsp HL chicken soup mix then add your favorite spices (I use tastefully simple stuff); use to dip your veggies, crackers etc

Hope that helps you!