Newbie. Hello

Options
Hi. I am a 44 year old mother of three and grandmother of one. At 17 and 125 lbs.I am 5'2". , I thought I will never be as fat as Grandma I. By my 30's she was offering me clothes. Now at 44 I found myself passing the 250 mark and realized I was now passing my Grandma's weight and on my way to 300.

This past Saturday I went to a dr. and started working on weight loss and hormones (I had a hysterectomy in May '12). Found out I have just barely escaped blood sugar and cholesterol problems. I am now on progesterone, estrogen, testosterone, thyroid medication, and vitamin D as well as multivitamin, fish oil, and an appetite suppressant. Boy, I thought I was just fat but still healthy.

I have tracked my food this past week. I have given up soda and am caffeine free. I haven't started formal exercise, but have been up and much more active not just sitting on my butt not doing anything.

I started with 104 lbs to loose and have reducedt 7 so far. I am starting out feeling so much better already and ready to take on the world, but I have been down this path before and know it will be a long journey. I want this to be my last time on this journey and am looking for support and friends to make this journey with.

Replies

• ajhill327
    ajhill327 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I am a 45 (very soon 46) year old mother of six daughters, three still at home, 17, 14, and 12 and a grandmother to two little ones. My story is a lot like yours. I am 5'2" and at 17, I just didnt want to hate my body and my life as much as my mother.....but here I am at my age, gaining weight steadily. Never thought I would see 200 and I am now at 210 and climbing. I am lucky that I am healthy, normal cholesterol, blood pressure, ect.

I am just tired of not having energy, not feeling good about myself and lets be honest, not having much luck in the dating world. (I know there are some men out there that dont care about that, but some do and the extra weight is a double edge sword, I dont feel attractive and some men arent attracted ) And now, with two grandkids, I want to have the energy, I want to be around for my grandkids.

I am also on a budget and I have TONS (ok maybe only 10) workout dvds here at home, so joining a gym really isnt needed. I just need to find time (and clear out the living room) to work out. I am making a commitment to begin doing at least 30 mins of a DVD every day (if I say everyday, I know I will get at least 4 in per week). My goals is to lose 70 lbs to get to a healthy weight.

I am also on a clean eating journey. No processed foods. Whole foods, natural fats and foods.

Would love to find some support as well....since I tend to do a lot on my own and get off track easily.
  • tx_angel77
    tx_angel77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on beginning your journey. I have been on mine for a bit but am still struggling to get a few more pounds off. I am also new to this site and would love to offer you any support I could. Feel free to add me.