My recommittment to weight loss, with a slight twist......

Options
I started this “lose 1 pound a week journey” on Christmas Day, Dec 25th. 3 months later I am probably only down 5 pounds. I’m not sure exactly because I gave my scale away! I’m too obsessed with it. I’d weigh in 2-4 times a day some days. IT HAD TO GO! :explode:

I’m RECOMMITTING TODAY, MARCH 25th, to my weight loss journey, my healthier lifestyle journey, only with a slight twist! I have NO SCALE so I have NO WEIGH INS. I will challenge myself with how many days in a row I STAY ON TRACK and also how many days will it take to LOSE A DRESS SIZE. I will also keep a running tally of how many calories I have burned- daily, weekly, monthly. (tracking with my fitbit) I will always try to do better than yesterday. I would like to still be part of this group even though I won't be weighing in. Mentally, I just can't face the scale!

I will try to be more active on here. I thank those who have reached out to me. Yes, when I’m not active on here, chances are I’m off track! :P You reaching out to me, draws me back in, so I THANK YOU!!!!! I will be a better, supportive friend on here! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I feel I haven't been a very good role model at all to the group :cry: but reality is, I struggle BIGTIME with weight loss so in a sense I am JUST LIKE MOST OF YOU!!! It's a daily battle!!! Some days I win, but most lately, I throw in the towel. But I keep trying and I will continue to try to better myself! I am hoping that by taking my focus OFF the scale and instead focusing on the little, baby steps toward a HEALTHIER ME, that I will have success!

I LOVE THIS GROUP OF PEOPLE :heart: :heart: :heart: and I hope you can forgive me for not being as supportive lately as I should've been!!! :frown: I've been fighting my own battles mentally with weight loss and also with family stuff but I'm back now with a renewed sense of
I CAN DO THIS!!! SLOW BUT SURE I WILL REACH MY GOALS!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :smile: :drinker:

Replies

• GSAllumbaugh
    GSAllumbaugh Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You do not need our forgiveness!!! It is a daily battle..a lifelong challenge. You can do it - we will be here any way you need us!!
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you posted this! I, too, am really struggling. I am on track maybe 4 days out of 7, and am actively GAINING weight. :explode:

I suspect that part of this is due to hormonal stuff, (I am suspicious that I might be starting early premenopause) but it's not so bad that I would not be capable of overcoming the problem. I also have a shoulder injury that prevents a lot of types of exercise that I normally enjoy, but again, there is still plenty I CAN do and I know I'm using the shoulder as an excuse!

Luckily, the scale and I get along fine... it is a helpful tool for me to see where I'm at and I don't get hung up on the number at all. However, I love the idea of focusing on staying on track from day to day rather than focusing on the number on the scale.

Thanks for your post!
  • jc1231
    jc1231 Posts: 67
    Options
    Jodie - you do not need to apologize to any of us! You started this group that has grown to almost 500 people, you should be proud of that! The weight loss journey is never easy and we all have struggles. What matters is how you deal with those struggles and how you decide to conquer them. You are not quitting and not giving up, but finding what works for you. That takes courage and strength and that IS being a good role model!

We are all here to help each other and will all have good days and bad and there is a little something called LIFE that sometimes gets in the way.

You have a positive attitude and you will reach your goals one day at a time. Don't put a time limit on your goals and just focus on making healthy choices. If you need some encouragement or support don't be afraid to reach out and ask!

You can do this and we are all here to help!
  • azmiz
    azmiz Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I second JC1234's comments. You have been an incredible support and source of inspiration to our group. In just a few months we have lost over 1300 lbs (reported), numerous dress sizes, and have achieved healthier blood pressure and cholesterol values. Thank you for starting our group! Each of us, with the support of the people in our group, will learn what works for us as individuals in our weight loss journey. We are here for you!!
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    YOU MY FRIEND ARE WHY I JOINED THIS GROUP....YOUR DESIRE AND GOALS HAVE INSPIRED ME!!!! WE CAN DO THIS....WE HAVE THE BEST SUPPORT AVAILABLE....WE MUST USE ONE ANOTHER....WHEN WE GET WEAK WE NEED TO PROMISE TO MESSAGE A MEMBER OF OUR GROUP....WE NEED TO BE ACCOUNTABLE TO EACH OTHER....HAD WE NOT WANTED TO BE SUPPORTIVE WE WOULDN'T HAVE JOINED THIS GREAT GROUP OF PEOPLE!!! I CAN SAY AND PROMISE THAT I AM HERE FOR ANYONE WHO NEEDS ME....I WILL LISTEN (READ) AND BE AS ENCOURAGING AND SUPPORTIVE AS I POSSIBLY CAN....USE ME!!! JUST AN IDEA BUT WOULD A DAILY ROLL CALL BE SOMETHING TO CONSIDER....I'M GAME TO DO WHATEVER TO MEET MY GOALS AND TO HELP ALL MY PALS REACH THEIRS :happy:

I'M WITH YOU ON THE 21 DAY COMMITMENT (I MET DAY ONE YESTERDAY AND TODAY WILL BE DAY 2) I AM DOING A COUNT DOWN!!!! I PROMISE NOT TO WEIGH MYSELF UNTIL THE END OF THE 21 DAYS WHICH WILL BE SATURDAY APRIL 13TH.......I FEEL SO FREE KNOWING I DON'T HAVE TO WEIGH UNTIL THEN!!!! WHAT A RELIEF :bigsmile:

IF ANYONE NEEDS ME PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE ME....I'M HERE!!!

HERE'S TO NEW BEGINNINGS :drinker:
  • suzy1220
    suzy1220 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    You don't have to be our role model, that's a lot of pressure to put on yourself! You are already one of us, someone struggling to get to a healthier weight, change their life and reach out for help and support. That's all you have to do. Don't add any extra stress by feeling like you've let us down b/c you haven't. We're all in this together and we're glad to have you back.

I love being a member of the group you have started and thank you for doing so. It's already motivated me and given me some great new friends. So see, you have made a difference to someone! Now it's time for you to concentrate on you and let us be there to help! You CAN do it!
  • JulieB_MN
    JulieB_MN Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    This is a great group! I am so happy you started it. Let us motivate you now! You can do this. I have missed you being on here:)
    Hang in there!
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    GPSHEALTHCOACHING Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your kind words! Our group is AMAZING! I truly can't take credit though..... Yes, I put out the challenge but I NEVER expected it to grow into this. I just figured I'd get 10-20 people to help each other and 1 pound a week seemed doable. Little did I know HOW HARD 1 POUND A WEEK IS! LOL

It is amazing how large the group has grown but what's more AMAZING, IS HOW SUPPORTIVE, LOVING, BUTT KICKING, YET KIND, MOTIVATING AND INSPIRING THE PEOPLE ARE THAT HAVE JOINED!

THAT IS WHAT IS AMAZING TO ME! THANK YOU ALL!!!!!
  • karebear22776
    karebear22776 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way...when I check out for a week its because I've fallen off the wagon...like the last week. My work has been TERRIBLE!!! It is a high stress job as it is but worse lately. And I've been sick to top it off so no working out. I hate checking out and the longer I'm checked out the harder it is to come back in. But I think I'm back again for April!!! Good luck no matter what method you choose to get through...its a battle for all of us.
  • Kaddyshack21
    Kaddyshack21 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am glad you have been so honest about your strugges as hard as they may be. I will do really great and then struggle and gain weight and I will checkout of groups because I feel like such a failure that nobody will want to continue helping me when I am gaining 5 or 10 lbs back.

I am not a friend of the scale. I can feel really positive about how I am eating and how I am taking care of my body and jump on a scale and if there is little to no progress I feel like a big failure and will give up my good habits because that unhealthy part of brain still tells me "What is the point? It doesn't make a difference, you can see the proof yourself."

I think it will be healthy for me to put the scale away for me as well for awhile. I am committed to making healthy choices for my body and my mind. I feel that this will contribut greatly to it.

I don't know how this will effect the challenge or if I will have to leave. But I need to make sure I am in a healthy mindset or else I will never succeed.