having a hard time connecting on line

Options
smknitter
smknitter Posts: 88 Member
I love this site and find myself reading a ton, but I have a hrd time posting. I want to build relationships with my fellow mfps what do you guys do to help stregthen your connections?

Replies

• dawnkryger1
    dawnkryger1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I love this site and find myself reading a ton, but I have a hrd time posting. I want to build relationships with my fellow mfps what do you guys do to help stregthen your connections?

I am pretty new here to the site, You just know when you have a connection with someone. I always make sure to check in with everyone on a daily even if I am super busy, it shows you care. People will start to know you by seeing your posts all the time. Sometimes we also need to break out of our shell or our comfort zone and hold our head up and go for it. It is hard to make new friends because we do feel like we are neglected and need more attention, you just have to ask for it. Heck, I miss talking to friends on the phone, it seems as though it does not exist anymore (sad) or goin to lunch....I know I went off on a tangent but there is a reason I made a California group....you never know when we will meet up :) By th way, what area are you in?

-- Dawn
  • smknitter
    smknitter Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm in orange county. Thanks for the support.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'm not a shy person, but I am very private. I have to make a conscious effort to connect, as it is not my nature. What can I say, I love my own company. I laugh at my own jokes, and can pat my own back.

That said I'd like to have more connections. This seems like a good place to start.
  • Jenniferlynnmcc
    Jenniferlynnmcc Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    hahaha! Funny. :) I like what Dawn had to say. It probably takes time, too. I've only been a member of mfp for a few weeks. Still finding groups that appeal to me. The best ones are active, where people really do log in daily. They have ones for dog lovers, motivational quotes, etc.. The walking buddies site is a great one. :) Jen
  • dawnkryger1
    dawnkryger1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    The hardest thing about groups is that there is no notification that anyone has posted in the group. I always have to go back and forth from my page to community and groups. It is kindof a hastle. Any suggestions?

--Dawn