Getting Panicked.

Options
Katey911
Katey911 Posts: 80 Member
My dress has been ordered and I'm starting to have a little bit of panic: Will it be in time for alterations? It was ordered in a size 24 because I was borderline 22/24 based on the designer's measurements...but I've also lost some weight and inches since then and I'm not done yet!

Also starting to panic about toning my arms/back enough to like my pictures. I'm working with a trainer 2x a week in addition to my own workouts. I have 7 months until my wedding, so I know in theory there's enough time, but I think I'm starting to get overwhelmed.

Is anyone else feeling the same? Any tips for not getting swallowed up by this?

Replies

• Miss_Aurora
    Options
    I've ordered a dress size down as well .. probably more like a dress & a half. I was borderling on being a 24 but have ordered a 20. Still 7 months to go as well!

As long as you stick to it .. that's only probably a 10-14kg loss to get down 2 sizes. 2kg a month is well achievable. And with exercise you'll be toned as well.

What does your dress look like? Perhaps you could wear one of those cute jackets over it or something? After all you'll be mid season.
  • Katey911
    Options
    I may not have been clear - my dress was ordered in a size that is too big now and will be more than too big when it comes in! I'm not worried about fitting into it, I'm worried about getting it in time to get the necessary alterations needed.

No jacket will be worn, so hopefully I'll be warm enough. Guess I just need to stick with it and keep up with my trainer's torture!

Good luck to you as well!
  • Miss_Aurora
    Options
    Oh, you were clear .. I just read it wrong LOL .. sorry.

I'd love to see a pic of the dress.

If it has simple lines then it should be easy enough to alter.

My dress is knee length & only cost $220 in total. I figure if I lose THAT much weight that it can't be altered I'll just buy a new one as a celebration and sell mine on Ebay.
  • Miss_Aurora
    Options
    Your pictures show you are confident with wearing no sleeves .. so just keep that confidence up.
  • Katey911
    Options
    Well, that picture was posted here as a reminder to me to get my batwings under control...as I held a bat, lol. I was on vacation in Bali, body issues did not get brought with!
  • Bunniculette
    Bunniculette Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Katey, I'm starting to freak out a bit too, I'm just under the six month mark so i NEED to get my dress ordered but I'm freaking about what size I'll be, how much alterations will cost and wth will my arms look like. So, yea, you're not alone in freaking out... I just try to remind myself my FH loves me as I am, fat or skinny.
  • Katey911
    Options
    Exactly! Feel free to friend me if you want some motivation. I think I saw one of your other posts and was worried for you from a dress perspective - you don't want to miss out on a beautiful dress because it will take too long! Do you have plans made to start shopping soon?

Don't worry about what size you'll be - it was mentally hard to order a size 24 when I'm a size 18/20 in "normal" clothes, but it was also so reassuring to know it will be too big rather than too small! I'm also worried about the cost of alterations though - ANOTHER thing to pay for, right?

Are you working on your arms at all? I'd love any tips you may have. I try to do some pushups every day to help the cause.

We CAN do this! And look beautiful at the end of the day!
  • Bunniculette
    Bunniculette Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Katey, I actually did my first round of dress shopping in January, I went alone because I was worried it would go "bad" (ie: i'd be all bummed about looking like Miss Piggy in a white dress lol.) At the moment I'm kind of torn between two dresses but have now enlisted a friend from work to come with me (this monday!) so I can make my decision and be done with it!
  • Miss_Aurora
    Options
    Oh best of luck Bunniculette ... you'll have to post a picture once you've chosen!!
  • Katey911
    Options
    Yay Bunniculette! Definitely getting someone else's perspective helps. My matron of honor, who did a lot of dress shopping with me, loved one dress on me that I hated...but she definitely agreed with me on the one I chose!