RE: 90 Day Summer Shape Up Challenge

Options
LisaMfit4life
LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
We can do this! Make sure to post daily for support and motivation.

Replies

• LisaMfit4life
    Options
    This is Day 1 of the 90 Day Summer Shape Up Challenge. Make sure you post to keep each other motivated and accountable. I completed my Les Mills Combat 30Live, Core Attack and 38 Burpees for the 116 Day Burpee Challenge I am competing in. Everyone have a great day. Hope to see posts throughout the day!!
  • Jasmine_James
    Jasmine_James Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Excited to kick this off! I'll be on the beach with a bunch of friends in 90 days -- really want to look good in the two piece bathingsuit I bought for the trip!

I just completed four weeks of Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 and started another round of it today. I also purchased a treadmill and am running for 30-60 minutes five times a week. Lastly, I'm complimenting with some Brazilian Butt Lift workouts throughout the week.

I'm down 14 pounds since the start of this year -- but I really want to lose another 25 if at all possible!

Good luck everyone!
  • socmom16
    socmom16 Posts: 1
    Options
    I went to Zumba, stayed for ten minutes and just could not get the swing of it. I have tried it several times over the past few years and I just need to accept that it is not the workout for me. Instead I did thirty minutes on the elliptical.
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    I agree Zumba is difficult to keep up with. I am not coordinated enough to even attempt to do it. What is important is that you still worked out on the elliptical for 30 minutes. If you are still looking for a workout that will may accelerate/produce results that may be a little easier to follow let me know. Send me a message and we can discuss it further. Take care and thanks for sharing.
    Lisa
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    Awesome on the weight loss! How exciting. The two-piece bathing suit is a great inspiration to be motivated along with your weight loss. Let me ask you this. What type of nutrition plan are you following? Nutrition is a very important part of the equation. Send me a message and maybe I can give you some ideas or advice if you are struggling with any aspect of your program, although it sounds like your doing a great job. Take Care
    Lisa
  • Jasmine_James
    Options
    I am working with a nutritionist, but basically doing a ketosis diet -- low carb and high healthy fat and protein. Weight loss has definitely slowed down, but I can also feel my muscles -- so I'm not too concerned just yet. I'm also experimenting with adding some more healthy fat (it seems so weird to be adding butter when I've avoided it for years, but I've been coming across interesting research that high fat can help when lowering carbs, so long as it's animal fats). Will see how it goes!
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    Hi! Glad to hear that you found a program that is working for you. If you want to do more research I would suggest watching the documentary on You Tube that's called "Forks over Knives" I recommend it to anyone who wants to read or learn more about nutrition. I had to watch it for a nutrition project I had to do and it was very enlightening. Take care and have a great day.
    Lisa
  • stephaninicole
    stephaninicole Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My second son will be 3 months next week, and I have just started back on an exercise program this week. Looking forward to getting back to work for the next 90 days. My husband and I have a trip planned for June and also want to get family pictures...lots of motivation to get moving. I am currently working out at home, when my little one is napping...does anyone have any favorite home workouts they would like to share?
  • JennyNotSoSkinny
    JennyNotSoSkinny Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I heard forks over knives was good too. I'm gonna check it out.
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    Hi! I would watch it when you can because it is really awesome. The Dr. that did the research and documentary was the same doctor who invented open heart surgery here in my state of Ohio. I really learned a lot from it. Take care. Glad to see everyone is getting involved in the discussion. Everybody keep up the great work.
    Lisa
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    Les Mills Combat 60 Live done for the day! Everyone have a great day!
  • Jasmine_James
    Options
    I started at 175 Jan. 1, 2013, and lost 15 pounds that month -- but most of February and March my loss has gone up and down by a few pounds, but ultimately I am still at the low 160s. I'm going to be in a bathingsuit on the beach with friends in just 6 weeks (literally 6 weeks from today!) and I have got to get to the 150s to meet my goals.

So. I am determined to see 159 Saturday or Sunday -- before the month ends. I'm doing whatever it takes. It. Will. Happen.

Just thought I'd share my goal in case anyone can relate.
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    Hi! Thanks for sharing. I am always interested in hearing someone's goals that is one of the reasons I created the challenge. Have you ever thought about doing any type of cleansing. I'm not talking about the quick ones you buy at GNC or the supermarket, but Beachbody sells a cleansing system called the Ultimate Reset. It's a 21 day program that will reset your system back to the way it's supposed to be free from toxins. It's totally safe and is no way harmful. I have used it and I feel amazing. I lost 10 pounds in 21 days by following the diet that is provided and following the plan. There is a money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. I'm just throwing it out there because I think everyone should try it because through the years we tend to abuse our bodies by what we eat and drink which has a negative effect on our systems, but now we have a way to reset everything back to the way it's supposed to be. Check it out on my website www.ultimatereset.com/LisaM61. Remember you are under no obligation I just wanted to make a suggestion because it may help you get into the bathing suit that you have in mind safely and a little bit quicker. You could always talk it over with your nutritionist. Take care
    Lisa