Let's get to know eachother -- Self-introduction

Options
123457»

Replies

• kstiffler10
    kstiffler10 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm kloe I'm 25 curently living in Oklahoma with my lil family. This summer I'm going to San Antonio for a family vacation, and next year I'm going to Spain to visit my family. I've lost 20lbs so far some on my own some on MFP I have plenty more to lose but a lil at a time. I'm starting Insanity April 1st so I hope that will really kick my weight loss into high gear, but I'm cool with inches loss to after all that's what we all see.
  • hgipprich
    hgipprich Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Heidi, I live in MI soon to be TN. I'm an only parent to a two year old boy and a full time student. I also sell Tupperware on the side my.tupperware.com/heidibaldwin and https://www.facebook.com/tupperware48080. The key to sales is telling everyone what I do, including you;) Anyway, I feel like crap, miss my clothes. I was 213 this time last year so I have lost some but need to lose more, am aiming at 29 lbs during this challenge. It's a big goal, but it can be done in a healthy way if I try hard. Today is day one and I'm hungry... hb
  • hgipprich
    hgipprich Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    how do i get my ticker to show on posts? please message me privately so i do not miss your reply, thanks!!!!
  • Romes08
    Romes08 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm Jessica and I was born in Illinois, but grew up in Missouri and am in Wisconsin currently. I love all sorts of music, and movies. I am super close with my family and friends. I love wine and dancing.. I want to lose weight to be healthy but a huge factor is that I am in two weddings as MOH for my sister and my best friend so I want to look smokin' hot by August and September. I love new friends and good motivators so anyone feel free to add me :)!!
  • bekah818
    bekah818 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    How much would you like to lose by the end of the Spring into Summer 2013 challenge??

Lets get to know each other -- Where are you from? What is your favorite color, season, food, television series, books, and hobby? Where would you visit if you could visit any place in the world!!?? -- and why? What are your favorite workout routines? RAMBLE ON MY FRIENDS!! lol :) Feel free to add your own questions to the mix! Feel free to add me as a friend!

Hi all, my name is Rebecca (as if you didn't already figure that out by my username, lol)
    I think this weight loss challenge is a great idea, and hopefully by the summer I would have reached my goal *crossing fingers*

I'm from Jersey born and raised. My favorite color is hot pink, I love all 4 seasons and get them all in full abundance because of where I live, lol (Spring is my least favorite, too much of a mix of hot and cold).

I don't have a favorite food. I love all food, lol . I'm not a picky eater, if it tastes good, or doesn't have any bugs or weird animal parts in it, I'll eat it, lol.

My favorite TV series change from time to time. I don't really watch TV but I'll watch a whole block of seasons of different tv shows off Netflix. Some of favorite shows in the past were: Desperate Houswives, Ugly Betty, Vampire Diaries, The Office, and How I met your mother. (mostly comedy. I love to laugh and keep things light)

My favorite Hobby is singing. I love to sing and sometimes get paid to do gigs ;)

My favorite workout routine usually involves different Kettle bell exercises but lately I've been working out in classrooms, doing Cardio Kickboxing, Step-ups and strength training, and Zumba; which has been a lot of fun and also challenging.

In the past (and still today) I struggle with eating more to lose weight. I've lost tons of weight in the past by eating very little. It was nothing for me to lose 10-12 lbs within 1-2 weeks. I put some weight back on over the past 2 years because of circumstances that changed. However I'm ready to lose it again ( so far I've already lost 5lbs!) but this time I want to do it in a healthy way and within the right amount of time. I'm looking forward to it :smile:
  • Rckabllykttn
    Rckabllykttn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm Krystal. I live in Las Vegas, NV, I'm married and have a 2 year old daughter. I work in the front office of an elementary school and am going to college now. I'm trying to lose weight to be healthy and give my daughter a healthy life style example. I have no thyroid, I lost it to cancer when I was 26, I've undergone radiation and take synthroid everyday. I'm very focused on eating healthy and providing healthy food for my family. I make a lot of my own stuff, I can, garden, run, and do crafts of any type. My favorite color is turquoise, favorite season is Spring, favorite food is tamales. I love any crime drama and LOVE Grimm. Favorite book is Alice in Wonderland and hobbies well I got a few of those. I crochet, paint, scrapbook, garden, organize(yes this is a hobby), sew and pretty much anything else arts and crafty.
    If I could visit anywhere in the world it would be Australia. I just think it's beautiful. My favorite workouts are running and lifting weights with my husband.
    My current goal is to get below 150 so I can get another tattoo, it's going to the a mermaid down my rib cage. I told my husband I'm not getting anymore tattoos till I start to lose weight so I've made that a goal for myself. I want to lose at least 20 pounds doing this challenge. It's hard because I work in an office with people who are overweight and not serious about weight loss so they are constantly offering me stuff or bringing in fast food. It gets really difficult. I'm hoping this challenge and all the encouragement will help me stay on track!
  • studswife
    studswife Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I'm Amanda and I'm excited about this challenge. I'm currently 221. Frankly, I miss my face... I suppose my ultimate goals are the little things like being able to cross my legs all sexy like, bend over to hook the buckle on my shoe without wrestling myself... you know, those things!

Getting to the one-derland this challenge would be awesome!

Height 5'8
    Starting weight 221
    Current weight 221
    Goal weight for this challenge 195
    Total goal weight 155
  • Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Current Weight: 183,2 (Started MFP in July, 2009 at 196-It's been an uphill battle!)
    Goal Weight: 160 (I will be 56 in July)
    Challenge Weight Loss: 24lbs. Oh well, let's make it 25lbs.

I am a kindergarten teacher, have a wonderful hubby (28 years) and two fantastic jazz musician sons. :bigsmile:
  • oneilltara60
    oneilltara60 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi All. I'm a 23 year old primary school teacher from Ireland. I've always been quite sporty but have also always liked my food. I developed a lot of unhealthy eating habits over the course of my 4 years in college and became quite unhappy with my belly above all. I joined WW two years ago with two stone to lose. I got to my goal weight last summer and have been up and down since. I grew to dislike the WW programme (even though it lost the weight for me) and gave MFP a go. I have lost my discipline though and am on my way to regaining almost 1 stone of the 2 that I had lost. I've recently acknowledged that I'm an emotional eater, often binging my way through bad days. I need a focus with the propsect of a bikini-fuelled trip to Thailand this July. I really hope this will my my turning point! My Current Weight is 152lb, and my Goal Weight is 127lb. I am aiming to lose 15 pounds in 15 weeks, here goes!
  • Paige210
    Paige210 Posts: 2
    Options
    My name is Paige. I am from Louisiana. I am currently 270 pounds and would like to go down to 240 by the end of this challenge. 30 lbs. In 15 weeks. Wish me luck!!!
  • Pizazz16
    Pizazz16 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    STARTING WEIGHT: 169 lbs.
    GOAL WEIGHT: 145 lbs.

Hey, all! I'm joining this group because I have one week left on "The 120 Day Challenge," and it helped me to stay focused and accountable with my goals. I lost 21 pounds so far. I hope to lose close to 25 pounds this time around with "Spring into Summer." I have several children still at home. I need to be healthier for myself, my hubby, and kidz . . . cuz I'm not gettin' any younger, folks! :wink: I'm excited and looking forward to this challenge. Best wishes to all!
  • gots2bhealthy
    Options
    Hi all,

My name is Manika and I am from Tennessee. A wife and mom of 4 beautiful children. One son in his first year of college, a high school senior, a middle schooler and an elementary child. I could have never planned it that way, but I can really say that I have a child in every level of school. I am also a college student my self. Decided to go back and pursue a bachelors in Business. I will be complete in May of next year and I can't wait. Have been on the diet rollercoaster since I first finished college back in 1995. Up until then I played volleyball and softball and was considered physically fit. Well little to say that a marriage, birth of kids, the passing of one of my children, the ups and downs of life and just becoming comfortable I have ballooned up to 328lbs. I weigh more now than I did when I was full-term with my twins. And that is really bad. So I have come to the decision that I am gonna have to work at losing this weight. I do not want to be skinny, like a size 4, I just want to be at a healthy weight so that I am out of the zone for a heart attack and can get off my medication. My ideal size would be a 12/14. I know that, that may seem high to some, but for me it's a goal because right now my size is 22/24.

I joined MFP last year, but did not even give it a chance. So then I go to a WW seminar last week and I am sitting there listening to how you can track your food and I tell my sister later that day and she's like, GET BACK ON MFP....IT'S FREE.... and it does the same thing. She has really been putting in the work and tracking her progress and it shows. So here I am again for a second time and will really dedicate myself to getting healthy and dedicate myself to this website for support. WHICH I KNOW I AM GOING TO NEED. I really look forward to this group and seeing what type of progress I can make before summer.

My motto....BABY STEPS....THANKS EVERYONE..... :happy:
  • Chucksteakswife
    Chucksteakswife Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is leslie. I'm 34, live in ny with my hubby and daughter. I gained a lt of weight when I got pregnant with my daughter 9 years ago. I kept the weight on and the highest I hit was 193. In 2011 I lost 20 pounds and I would now like to lose 20-25 more pounds. Over the past 2 yrs i changed the entire way I eat. Now I am focusing on getting my butt in gear and exercising (not my forte)

Favorite tv shows: walking dead, sons of anarchy, real housewives, mob wives
    Favorite music: rock
    Favorite food: Italian
    Favorite workout: love strength training. Really dislike cardio

Good luck and have fun!