Where are you all?

Options
I had lap band surgery about a month ago and need some questions answered.

Replies

• aeromech
    aeromech Posts: 1
    Options
    I am new here too, day 2 post-op!
    I found lots of helpful info on Lapbandtalk.com
  • amberfeary
    amberfeary Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am 6 mo post op. Maybe I can help a little?? Feel free to msg me.
  • kileybug34
    Options
    I had lap band surgery on 2/28/13...still learning, but feel free to ask me anything. Good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • tylerrud2002
    tylerrud2002 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am from a small town in MN called Wadena

Hi everyone, I have decided that I need to do something about my life, so I am working on getting lap-band right now I am working on the 6month diet that is required

age 30
    6ft 1inch
    first weigh in 427 @ 5/17/13
    2nd weigh in 407 @ 5/30/13
    3rd weigh in 403 @ 6/4/13

so far I am doing pretty good lost a total of 24 pounds
  • jenniangel23
    Options
    Hello all, I was banded on Feb 5, 2013 and it was the best decision of my life! I haven't really had any complications my biggest thing was looking for a support group specifically for Band patients. I am the only one I know that has a band most of the people at my work had Bypass, I tried talking to one of them who is close friend and knows I had surgery but she just doesn’t understand why our diets are so different and it's making me frustrated cause I can’t talk to anyone. The only people who know I had surgery are my Mom, boyfriend and few Select close friends. As I read some of the post I assume every Dr is different I got my first fill 6 week post-surgery and I've had a monthly fill ever since....is this normal? When do I stop getting fills? I've been really good in the weight loss area averaging 8-10 lbs. a month but now I think I've hit a plateau and have been the same weight for the past 2 weeks I'm trying not to obsess over it and weigh myself everyday but it's just frustrating eating right and no change.
    Anyway thanks for letting me rant a little bit I know it gets better and I’m looking forward to this new support system!
  • jusreid150
    Options
    Hi,

I got banded 7/10/13 and have lost 23 pounds so far. My best friend had hers done last year and has lost 100 pounds so far. The biggest problem I have is getting enough calories right now, because I'm afraid to eat too much and stretch my pouch or of eating the wrong things. I had my first fill yesterday and they gave me 3 cc's. They told me I would come back about every month. So I guess this is normal. Depending on the type of band you should only be able to hold at the most 11-12 cc's. Sometimes they even take some out if you are losing weight too fast.
    For the weight lost are you exercising? And if so are you still following the guidelines for what to eat in your 4 oz meals? I found videos on YouTube to be very helpful. In particular bandedwendy has great info and recipes for what she eats. I have been researching her and others on YouTube as they lose the weight week to week.
    I hope you have been doing well and keep up the good work
  • Fastima_Jones
    Options
    Hi, I had lap band surgery on March 28, 2013, my starting weight was 318 pounds. So far I have lost 85 pounds, my goal weight is a 145lbs I am hoping to reach it before my 41st birthday. Since the surgery I c an tell you I feel so much better, health wise and confidence wise as well, I exercise daily( something I never did before) now it nothing for me to get up and get active. My next goal as the weight continues to shed is that I want to start running, I just don't know how to get started. I am afraid that if I just start jogging I might fall dead of a heart attack: laugh at this point my body is not use to that much movement. The one exercise I have come to LOVE is boxing :heart: . helps me feel controlled on this chaotic life I am in. I hope that all you lap banders are having much success with your weight loss journeys.