Medication

Options
Hello ladies.

I've been put on metformin 1500g a day (3x500g). I find taking the 3 makes me feel sick, so I'm just having 2.

Do you have any tips to stop the sickness if you take the 3 or would 2 be best?

If you have any advise please help!

Replies

• ezBrizy
    ezBrizy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelly,

I'm on the same dose, been taking it about 3 months. Did they have you increase your dose gradually or did you start with 3 a day? How long have you been taking it? I got that sick, icky feeling for a while but as I kept taking it, the sickness started to diminish. It does suck the first few weeks though. From what I've heard a lot of women have trouble with three. My Dr advised that if it's too much to handle then back down to taking two. I used to drink a hot tea after taking it, that helped with the nausea.
  • KellyLouise35
    Options
    Hello,

Thank you, I have been on them for roughly a month now. I started with 1, then after a week went to two then after a few days up it to three and was really ill, sickness, etc etc. I have gone back down to two now and feel better but just finding it hard to handle 3.

Have you had much success on the tablets? I may try that from now on, when I have my third one have some tea after.
  • ezBrizy
    ezBrizy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    It's helped some. My periods aren't completely regulated yet but they're less intense. I can tell that it's helping a little with my weight, I'm seeing less fluctuation.
  • KellyLouise35
    Options
    I suppose it is just time :)

I didn't lose anything then I started on these and boom! Lost 6 lb within to weeks.

Just my scales have broke so I need to wait till Monday for my other half to give me his :)