Gyms of NWI

Options
What do you think is the best gym in Northwest Indiana area? Based on equipment, other members and/or staff?

Replies

• Pink_November
    Pink_November Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    ANYTIME FITNESS! hands down.
  • pavlideskri
    Options
    I always wanted to check them out just because of the convenience of a 24 hour operation. All I have near me is charter one and its always very crowded.
  • Pink_November
    Options
    I used to go to charter. The price is good, but it's not worth it. Mainly cause its way too crowded. Try a 7 day free pass @ anytime =D
  • lindseym1983
    Options
    I work out at our local YMCA and really like it. Very low key, never crowded and if you have kids you can watch your kids while you work out. We use the facility for a lot of other activities and school also so the money is worth it to us. If you are in the union you get a discount. :)
  • Pink_November
    Options
    Yeah, my buddy goes to his local YMCA & he loves it!
  • nwindianawalkinggroup
    Options
    I loved doing Tae Bo at Fuel Fitness when I was a member there, but the membership cost was really starting to add up so I didn't renew recently. I have also gotten great results in the past from Curves, but unfortunately they closed a few of the locations close to me so there went that membership... :( I am closer to Charter Fitness now so that's what I might go with.
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm considering the Charter Fitness in Hobart. YMCA is too expensive (I'm a stay-at-home-mom) and Anytime Fitness isn't close.
  • CeeCeeMee
    CeeCeeMee Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    If anyone here is in the Michigan City area, Planet Fitness is due to open next week (IIRC) and is having a pre-opening special of $1 start-up fee and $10 a month with no contract.

I have my membership already and can hardly wait for the opportunity to have a reasonably priced place to work out. Other than shoveling snow, I'm not getting any outdoor work-outs done.
  • holliehatesyou
    holliehatesyou Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I go to the Hammond Y, but I'm not a huge fan of going there. There's a new Charter Fitness opening soon in Hammond that's walking distance for me, and I'm considering joining that instead.

As it is, I almost never go to the Y because I just don't like it (why are the lights tinted brown?). Sometimes I park there, but change my mind and just go on the running trail behind it (all the while imagining them towing my car, of course).

Anyone a member of any of the local Charters?
  • sheena8386
    sheena8386 Posts: 7
    Options
    I go to Fuel in Cedar lake. I like it. Plenty of cardio machines/ weight lifting machines/ free weights.
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I like classic bodyworks in Portage. Works 24 hours and is cheap, just $24 per month