New Group Contest: SIGN UP!

Options
inskydiamonds
inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
Because there are several new members this week and both the survivor and biggest loser contests are getting closer to their ends, I'd like to start a new contest and get more involvement and motivation in this group. I personally slumped this week and have noticed a trend. To get through the end of March and begin April STRONG let's continue to motivate each other to lose weight!

I found this weight loss challenge on sixsistersstuff.com and have worked it to make it work for our group. Rather than just being based on your weight loss, this challenge is based a lot on points and lifestyle decisions that encourage weight loss.

If you want to sign up comment on this post! Then every week thereafter (until the challenge is over) when you log your weight you will also log the following categories of information to determine your points. Every week the person with the lowest amount of points will be eliminated until there's one health conscious member standing!

Points will be earned as such:
- Everyday that you drink 8 cups of water you will earn 3 points.
- Everyday that you have 2 servings of fruit you will earn 3 points. A serving is 1/2 a cup.
- Everyday that you have 3 servings of vegetables you will earn 5 points. A serving is also 1/2 a cup.
- For everyday that you avoid candy and sugary snacks (excluding fruit) you will get 5 points.
- For everyday that you log ALL the food you eat in your MFP food diary you will earn 5 points.
- For 30 minutes of exercise you will get 5 points a day and for 45+ minutes of exercise you will get 7 points a day.
- For every pound you lose you will earn 10 points.
- If you maintain your weight for the week you will earn 5 points.

So when you log your weight for the week you will also tell me:
- How many days you met the water goal.
- How many days you met the fruit and veggies goal.
- How many days you avoided candy.
- How many days you logged.
- Your exercise time per day (approximations are okay)

Each week will have a different category be a double points week. It will be a surprise every week which category will be given the double points!

If this is confusing, let me know! But I feel like a challenge like this encourages more than just losing weight.

Obviously I'm not going to be stalking people to see if you're telling the truth. We are using an honor system and I trust that you all want to lose weight and be healthy more than you want to win.

THIS STARTS TODAY!

If you want to sign up, sign up today!
And start tracking these important categories! (water, fruit, veggies, exercise, candy, and how many days you logged everything!) And check in with them next Tuesday!

Replies

• brilliantzenith
    brilliantzenith Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm game if I can be in more than one game at a time.
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    I'm game if I can be in more than one game at a time.

Of course you can!
  • tinatatertoes
    tinatatertoes Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I, too, want to start April STRONG!! I'm in. This will be fun!
  • Katerina2109
    Katerina2109 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I really need this right now, thanks!
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting! I am also signing in. I hope more group members will be able join this game.
    All other points I can score apart from the weight loss:) may be this contest can help me to score in that category as well.
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'd love to join this if I may.....I'm new here. I was looking through groups trying to find a new one to help me get my motivation back and this group and it's challenges look fun!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Count me in :)
  • Elizabeth_in_MN
    Elizabeth_in_MN Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm in! This will be my first challenge....mainly because this one has wellness rather than just weight incorporated (yay!). Let me know if I am doing anything wrong. :)

I'm including my weight at the start of the challenge (and a template for myself) below.

And because I am not in it to win the title, but to win it for myself, I want to clarify that I will not count Luna protein bars as "sugary snacks. I see them as a way to get protein while avoiding candy. :) Let me know if the "rules" indicate that Luna and Clif bars are "sugary snacks" and I will happily not count those points. :)

And because this is my own goal, I am also going to include whether or not I made 10,000 steps. :) Actually, maybe I can interpret my 10,000 steps as 30 minutes of exercise. It will have taken me more than 30 minutes (and my aerobic activities are usually 45 minutes or more). Again, let me know if I am "cheating." It isn't cheating in my wellness though, that is for sure! :)

- Weight at beginning of challenge: 216

- Days I drank 8 cups of water (3pts):
    - Days I hate 2 servings of fruit (3 pts):
    - Days with 3 servings of vegetables (5pts):
    - Days I avoid candy and sugary snacks(5pts):
    - Days I logged all foods (5 pts):
    - Days with 30 minutes of exercise (5pts):
    - Days with 45+ minutes of exercise (7 pts):
    - Pounds lost (10 pts) or Maintained weight (5 pts):
    - Got in 10,000 steps (0pts):
  • mousemom18
    mousemom18 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Okay! Did everything yesterday except the fruit so I'm off to a good start.
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    I'm in! This will be my first challenge....mainly because this one has wellness rather than just weight incorporated (yay!). Let me know if I am doing anything wrong. :)

I'm including my weight at the start of the challenge (and a template for myself) below.

And because I am not in it to win the title, but to win it for myself, I want to clarify that I will not count Luna protein bars as "sugary snacks. I see them as a way to get protein while avoiding candy. :) Let me know if the "rules" indicate that Luna and Clif bars are "sugary snacks" and I will happily not count those points. :)

And because this is my own goal, I am also going to include whether or not I made 10,000 steps. :) Actually, maybe I can interpret my 10,000 steps as 30 minutes of exercise. It will have taken me more than 30 minutes (and my aerobic activities are usually 45 minutes or more). Again, let me know if I am "cheating." It isn't cheating in my wellness though, that is for sure! :)

I think that's fine to not include the Luna Bars as sugary snacks. I'm more thinking things that you eat because they're sugary (like ice cream, candy bars, etc.) Since this really is a challenge to get us to make good decisions, I think the decision to not count Luna is a fine interpretation of the rule!
  • Elizabeth_in_MN
    Elizabeth_in_MN Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I think that's fine to not include the Luna Bars as sugary snacks. I'm more thinking things that you eat because they're sugary (like ice cream, candy bars, etc.) Since this really is a challenge to get us to make good decisions, I think the decision to not count Luna is a fine interpretation of the rule!
    [/quote]

perfect-o!
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    Hoping we have a few more people sign up!
    So far we have 10.
  • PrimaveraEterna007
    Options
    Insky.......do we give our report once week... ? Is it in the same day ? Or it will be like. 3/26-4/2 and We just pick a day?
  • PrimaveraEterna007
    Options

Insky I think that fruits are healthier than any other snacks...
    Since there're has being alterations of the game..I don't want to count fruit as a sugary snack.
    Let me know what you think :wink:
  • inskydiamonds
    Options

Insky I think that fruits are healthier than any other snacks...
    Since there're has being alterations of the game..I don't want to count fruit as a sugary snack.
    Let me know what you think :wink:

I absolutely agree! Fruit won't count as sugary snacks - you're encouraged to eat fruit and eating them (2 servings a day) will give you points :)
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    Insky.......do we give our report once week... ? Is it in the same day ? Or it will be like. 3/26-4/2 and We just pick a day?

Once a week on the 3/26-4/2 thread :)
    Tuesdays will probably be the best to make for the most consistency on the points, but do what works :)
  • PrimaveraEterna007
    Options
    Thank you insky. Count me in
  • karen_golfs
    karen_golfs Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Count me in - sounds like fun and healthy.
  • beckimj
    beckimj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I am in