Ideal Measurements

Options
What is everyones Ideal measurements for their height? Instead of weight, Ive been trying to focus on losing inches. Much less stressful. lol. Though I would LOVE to get the Megan Fox measurements of 34 22 32, I dont think thats feasible for me. Im 5'8 and currently 34 27 37. I guess my goal would be 34 25 35.

Replies

• tinah1126
    tinah1126 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I am 5'7 and at the beginning of March I was 39 bust 36 waist 43 hips...what I hope to get to by the end of summer is 36 bust 28 waist 36 hips!!! I do not have a small frame so think this is probably do able!!! 36 24 36 would be really nice...lol!!!
  • ambr1305
    ambr1305 Posts: 19
    Options
    Yeah I think 24 inches around the waist is the top for models. I would of course love to have that since I have a smaller frame but with 2 kids, I have that extra little that will probably only go away with surgery so 25 sounds good. lol. For a medium frame I think the 27-29 would be perfect!!! I guess ideal measurements also will depend on body type. Im a pear so Im just going to have bigger hips. I try to look for those celebs with that body type and it helps me stop wishing for Megan fox. haha. Blake Lively is a good example. :)
  • tinah1126
    tinah1126 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yes Blake is gorgeous!! I have an hour glass figure and huge boobs...lol...I dont look big but have a lot of fat around my waist that I want to get rid of. Everyone tells me that I dont need to lose any weight but I just cant help wanting to get back to feeling energized all the time. I am at 167 right now and cant wait to reach the 140's to feel great again and then get to 130's to really be great!!! I am hoping to lose some of my boobs but dont really see that happening as I have lost 30lbs in the past and not lost them so guess I will just have to deal with them. I have 2 kids also and bigger hips so I think a 36 is the best I can hope for with my hips! My waist was a 30 not 7 months ago so I know I can reach a 28!! Good luck and keep it up...we will get there!!
  • ambr1305
    Options
    You have the ideal body type!!! I would love to have a bit more on top, lol. Good luck to you too!! We can do this!! =D
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    What is everyones Ideal measurements for their height? Instead of weight, Ive been trying to focus on losing inches. Much less stressful. lol. Though I would LOVE to get the Megan Fox measurements of 34 22 32, I dont think thats feasible for me. Im 5'8 and currently 34 27 37. I guess my goal would be 34 25 35.

I would love your measurements! I'm 34-26-40. Can't seem to shrink those hips. I would even be happy with 39, anything less than 40.
  • ambr1305
    Options
    Yeah I totally understand that, Ive always hated the big hips even though it used to be considered sexy to have such a difference between waist and hips. Hopefully it will become sexy again, lol. I wish I could get my waist a bit smaller but again it probably would be if I just get that tummy tuck. ;) I am doing Jillians Buns and Thighs workout video. Ill let you know if I get my measurement to shrink. Come on 35!! ;)
  • kimmmariee
    Options
    I've always been a 'pear' shape and am lucky to have a small waist for my frame, but I hated that my hips and lower body were so disproportionate to my upper body. I'm 5'9 and started off 32-26-40. Now I'm at 32-25-38 but would love to be 32-22-36.
  • aimeeernest
    aimeeernest Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I don't even know... But I did just start measuring over weighing because like you said.... wayyy less stressful. When I see numbers on the scale too often I tend to freak out about the numbers on the scale.

I'm not sure what I am right now as I just started and the numbers arent burned into my brain yet... but I know I'm bigger than you :( I think I'm all in the low-mid 30's.

My smallest waist size at 105 was 25"... I don;t plan to be that small again because I was so unhealthy. I plan to be healthy... andd....if the size eventually comes I wont be upset about it. lol. My goal is probably more like 28" waist.
  • aimeeernest
    aimeeernest Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    and wouldnt we all love to look like megan fox. lol! I wish....
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,972 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5" (sometimes I'm only 5'8" - every year at the doctor's office is DIFFERENT!)

I'm aiming for: 42" at the shoulders, 26" at the (natural) waist and 36.5" at the hips.
  • ambr1305
    Options
    and wouldnt we all love to look like megan fox. lol! I wish....

I know right?? Thought Jessica Biel has a great body too and she is curvier. A 22 waist is just impossible for me. I do think measuring is a much better way to track progress. I get so depressed by the scale . lol. And I measure everywhere. Right now my goal is to tone my thighs and bum more because as a pear thats my problem zone and I measure on all different points on my thighs. Thank you all for answering. I feel a bit better about my measurements. :)
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,972 Member
    Options
    These are my current Venus measurements and what I am aiming for (venus) - I'm 5'8":

Current measurements / What I should aim for (VI)
    Weight 145.0 lbs. / ~138.0 lbs.?
    Waist 26.75" / 25.98"
    Hips 39.00" / 36.89"
    Shoulders 42" / 41.75"

Now, I haven't weighed myself in 9 days....and I'm feeling pretty light. Am TOTALLY hopeful I'm (finally!) under 145....the next struggle will be getting <140....I don't believe I've been there in my adult life.
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5" (sometimes I'm only 5'8" - every year at the doctor's office is DIFFERENT!)

I'm aiming for: 42" at the shoulders, 26" at the (natural) waist and 36.5" at the hips.

i'm 5'8 and sometimes 5'8.5 too, beeps!

right now i'm 35-29-37

what i'd like to be is 35-27-34 and i once got there but my body doesn't like to stay there, or maybe i just like a smaller deficit than maintaining that allows. one thing i'm trying really hard to accept about this process is that we change over time, and it can take a little or a lot to make the change, both bigger or smaller.
  • krisalyn117
    Options
    5'9" and my measurements are 34.5", 27",and 40".I am pear shaped
  • bmoroccan
    Options
    You are not that far off, you can do it.
  • ZozoMonster
    ZozoMonster Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    No idea what my ideal measurements would be but I am currently 34, 27, 35. Maybe just a little more off the hips?
  • patrishmcelhone
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my measurements are currently 32-28-40. I would love to have a 22 inch waist but seems almost impossible. So I guess my ideal measurements would be 32-24-34. I want smaller hips!
  • hollymartin90
    hollymartin90 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    im 5 ft 9 and seem to be an extreme pear shape!
    bust 32 waist 25 hips 37 so hopefully quite a bit off my hips is the aim.Just wanna have more of a matched up figure ,currently an 8 on top 12 bottom!