Heads Up :)

Options
Hi guys how are you?

I've created this group so we can share info, ideas, meals, fun stuff, struggles with life and diet.
We can use the adonis forums but i think this is more appropriate for my fitness pall staff :)

Replies

• Miru8112
    Miru8112 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Meals is a great idea.
    I find it hard to have a dinner right after a fasting day.
    Due to the fact that I try to stay <1.300 cal/day, that breaking meal should have <435 cal.
    Thats almost nothing and nothing (satisfying) seems to fit into that window -.-
  • BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Thanks for creating this group. I have been on MFP for about 7 months and find it useful. I'm always on here. I'm in my 3rd week of AI and ESE. I am really enjoying it and already seeing some results after being stuck at a plateau for a couple of months.

I am having trouble not binging after a fast. The fasts have not been bad though. I have done a 24 and a 44 hour fast thus far.
  • bigboybrent
    bigboybrent Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Looking forward to learning from everyone here. Hopefully I can contribute something. Later, I'll redo my avatar
  • alienrite
    alienrite Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of MFP and have found it valuable to make a good connection with the number of calories consumed and the impact of my food choices. It has also helped me determine my daily calorie needs and kept me in a calorie deficient mode for the last 32 weeks. I found the AI system about 3 months ago but I have too much fat to lose before I can really transform. I also have a very hard time lifting and keeping a calorie deficiency. What I can do is cardio and I have spent the last 30 weeks building up a great cardio base.

I am looking forward to starting lifting when I meet my current goal which I am project to meet at the end of March. I have always struggled with having specific goals when it comes to lifting and find the AI body ratio an excellent target for me. My past history has always been to lift for the sole purpose of being able to lift heavier. It works for a while but you hit a plateau or limit and then I just start injuring myself trying to make progress. Lifting for the purpose of body transformation makes a lot more sense to me. I also have learned a lot from the no-nonsense philosophy talked about at the website and the podcasts which further reinforces the AI as a lofty but solid target.
  • kitoi
    kitoi Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Meals is a great idea.
    Due to the fact that I try to stay <1.300 cal/day, that breaking meal should have <435 cal.

What would you normally eat after the fast?
  • kitoi
    kitoi Posts: 16 Member
    Options

I am having trouble not binging after a fast. The fasts have not been bad though. I have done a 24 and a 44 hour fast thus far.

We've all been there. Eat and chew slowly so you brain can keep up with your belly. Takes 20-30min to get to a satiated state.
  • Miru8112
    Miru8112 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Meals is a great idea.

What would you normally eat after the fast?

Actually, I don't know. I started with tomato soups. When I add a few spices and raw tomatoes I can get along with roiughly 500 cals while being completely satisfied. After all the soup (package) I use, combined with the liquid and mass of 3-4 tomatoes makes up to 1.5 liters woth of soup. Thats actually quite satisfying and tasty. But the supply of vitamins and mineral nutrients is pretty poor if you pretty much life of that stuff (like I did).

Meanwhile I incorporated Mushroms and vegetables like brokkoli, cauliflower and carrots into my meal. If I heat them with water instead of oil I can have like 400 gr. of food for the cost of about 200 cal. Only downside is that I season the meal with (a lot of) salt. Need to get that salt intake in check!

A general problem for me is that I do not add much variety. I get a few bags of frozen veggies and that will be pretty much everything I eat for the upcomming days or weeks. Its what I did with the soup, too. I don't know. I just happen to stick to a running system even though I know I might need some more variability.

@ all:
    I don't know whether u saw it in the Forum>Nutrition: I am fasting quite a bit and I hate it to leave the fields within MFP empty since I tend to forget whether I just forgot to enter food or whether I really did skip the certain meal. I therefore created a meal: "Fasting - Like a Boss" one can add. If you are like me in terms of completeness of one's entries -> Feel free :-)
    PS: There is also a "Fasting - E-S-E Style". My first try to incorporate fasting. Couldn't delete it so its still there.
  • ccfirelt
    ccfirelt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for creating the group. MFP is a great tool, I just have to be careful not to become too OCD about it.
  • aggietx
    aggietx Posts: 3
    Options
    I just started using myfitnesspal. The accountability aspect of this site is really helpful. Looking forward to succeeding with you guys.