The CrossFit Open!

Options
13»

Replies

• MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    [quote

I think I'm getting a bit kinky for burpees these days.
    [/quote]

First off, you're nuts!

Second off, thank you, vulcangreen for starting this thread. I, like a lot of other people who have posted, didn't sign up as I have less than 2 months under my belt and didn't feel ready. Or maybe I should say, didn't feel worthy to compete. Now I realize what a silly notion that is, we all have to start somewhere!

Seeing what everyone is posting, I'm feeling so motivated and am kicking myself for not signing up! And the links you sent for the past years gave me a much better idea of what the WODs actually looked like. As a newbie, I really had no clue! Looking at several them, I thought 'Oh, I could have done that.'

I'll be checking up on this message board quite regularly to see how everyone else is doing. This year I'll be cheering on my fellow Crossfitters, but you better believe next time, I'll be in the ring!
  • sragewls
    sragewls Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Surprised myself with this and scored 110! I have never attempted the 75lb snatch and I was able to get 10 of them! I have been doing crossfit for 6 months and now I think its about time I really start challenging myself with weights. It is a little intimidating but I absolutely love the fact that I can go in there every day and try to get a new PR. It has kind of been addicting :)
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpoPbvHKVDg

And we say we aren't ready, now don't I feel silly.
  • dirtybadgermtb
    dirtybadgermtb Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpoPbvHKVDg

And we say we aren't ready, now don't I feel silly.

That is legit. By the way, I got to watch my 5 month pregnant wife knock this one out on Sunday.
  • madmags
    madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    That vid was insane! In a good way of course.
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    That is legit. By the way, I got to watch my 5 month pregnant wife knock this one out on Sunday.

That's amazing! What a warrior!
  • dirtybadgermtb
    dirtybadgermtb Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    13.4 is game on and this whole thing will be over in 10 days. Let's hear your experience with 13.4!

For me, this has been the easiest of the workouts so far and I enjoyed this one. That said, I don't think that the weights are quite equitable for men and women. For most of the men in my box, 135 lb clean and jerks are not necessarily easy but pretty much all of the guys can do it, even the new guys. For the ladies, 95 lbs is tough and is close to or exceeds many of our ladies' 1 rep max.

I was pleased with 60 reps but I think I will give it another go on Saturday morning. Good luck everyone!
  • artsyalice
    artsyalice Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    13.4 is game on and this whole thing will be over in 10 days. Let's hear your experience with 13.4!

For me, this has been the easiest of the workouts so far and I enjoyed this one. That said, I don't think that the weights are quite equitable for men and women. For most of the men in my box, 135 lb clean and jerks are not necessarily easy but pretty much all of the guys can do it, even the new guys. For the ladies, 95 lbs is tough and is close to or exceeds many of our ladies' 1 rep max.

I was pleased with 60 reps but I think I will give it another go on Saturday morning. Good luck everyone!

YES! I'm new so even a lot of our regular WOD's at RX I can't do but these games weights for women are kind of high IMO when compared to the men's.
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm late to the game here, since I just came back to MFP after several months away. I registered and completed the open, despite having only done one rx'd wod previously. It was scary and probably the hardest thing I've done, and SO MUCH FUN. I was dead last in my box, and close to last in the northwest region (ahead of maybe 250 others), but I accomplished so much more than I thought possible and had so much support from my box mates. 13.4 I only scored 1 rep, because it was heavier than I've ever done before and I was trying my best not to reinjure my back. But all the rest I went all out! In fact, 13.1 was the FIRST TIME I'd even done burpees and 13.3 (if i'm remembering the right order) was the FIRST TIME I'd ever done wall balls (99 of them). It was an awesome experience.