Need Motivation, more fun the better!

Options
dani2bkickin
dani2bkickin Posts: 29 Member
I have a 7 month old daughter, and my husband just got us gym memberships. We BOTH need to shed some unwanted prego weight, but its always hard to get started and get going. Any fun ideas are helpful!

Replies

• daisyterp
    daisyterp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I don't know if there is one near you, but I really like Stroller Strides- you can work out with your daughter. I got back into working out doing Stroller Strides- I have a 5 yr old DD and a soon to be 3 yr old DS, and I thought it was great for them to see me working out, and they got to make new friends as well- as during the ab/stretching portion all of the toddlers and above get out and play.
    I wish it worked w/ my kids' school schedule now, but it doesn't. Hopefully we can go back this summer, then it's even better because it's outside.

Personally I like classes like Stroller Strides, because there is a peer pressure element I need to complete a whole workout. It's an hour w/ both cardio and strength training. I would have a really hard time staying focused at the gym for an entire hour.
  • Gina91507
    Gina91507 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I really love the yoga and kick boxing classes at my gym. They are great for both men and women!
  • MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I took classes when I was a gym member, a couple dance-based ones (like Zumba) and one weight-lifting one. When I got more confident I started using the eplitcal machines, weight-lifting machines, and the sit up thing where you throw the ball and it bounces back to you and sit up to catch it.

Does you gym offer a 1 time free trainer session? They'll show you some moves and how to use the machines.

I mainly enjoyed the classes though. If we had kept going I would have tried the kick-boxing one, the belly dancing class, and the yoga/pilates class, but they didn't have good times for me and we could't afford it anymore.
  • mdamrow
    mdamrow Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Set up a competition between you and your hubby....you could have some fun incentives for losing the most pounds, inches, etc.
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    My husband and I bought a cheap sparring set and we will sometimes use it to get in a work out. My husband also like to "invent" work outs for me to do to push me farther than I would push myself. He does the exercises along with me and gets his own work out in. We also picked up INSANITY last year and we use it as a competition (who can do more without dying).
  • jinnymeans11
    Options
    I personally think Zumba is very effective and fun. Me and my husband do it together and we have the best time.