Hello Sweetie! Who Are You? Introduce Yourself!

Options

Replies

• rbartlett9671
    rbartlett9671 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Welcome, sgrubby!! :D
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lori.

Born and raised in New England and very sick of all this snow.

I watched some Doctor Who with my Uncle (with Tom Baker as the Doctor) when I was a little girl. My Barbies won that battle for my attention. I started watching Doctor Who on Netflix this past Fall with my hubby. We finished the six seasons last week. We have two more episodes of Season 7 On Demand and we will be ready for new episodes on the 30th.
    David Tennant is my favorite Doctor. I think Donna may be my favorite companion. I think I want to go back to the beginning of 9 and watch them all over again. I suppose I should also watch some of the classic episodes. At least the Sarah Jane stuff. And K9.

I was the answer to everything last year. Maybe that is why the Doctor suddenly caught my interest. :wink:

I grew up on Star Wars and married a huuuuge Star Wars geek. He's gone through the whole expanded universe series. Episode V is my favorite, then VI, III, II, VI and least is I. Firefly is my TV geekery of choice. "Define interesting." I like Star Trek Next Gen, I loved DS9. The original is okay (ducks) and I never had interest in Voyager and Enterprise.

I love to read and gravitate towards vampires and the paranormal / supernatural genre in general. I love the Anita Blake books by Laurell K Hamilton. Loved the Sookie Stackhouse books, loathed the Trus Blood HBO series. I seem to gravitate toward series where I can read a dozen books with the same character base and get immersed in their world. I've read The Hollows series, The SIgns of the Zodiac, Meredith Gentry (another Laurell K Hamilton seires). My guilty pleasure is the Twlight Sage books. Although I own all the DVD's and watch them, I sort of feel dirty and brain cell dead when I am done.

I work in finance. I am currently studying to get my Certified Special Needs Advisor designation. I passed the final assessment yesterday, but I still have three new modules to coplete and pass an assessment on before I "officially" can use the designation. I frequently escape to MFP several times during the day to let my brain decompress.

And now I should get back to work since the NYSE opens in 15 minutes.
  • rbartlett9671
    Options
    Welcome loril13!

I kinda a grew up on Who when I was a kid in Englandl; it was on TV every Saturday night on BBC 1 in the 70's. I guess my first doctor was really Tom Baker but I can't honestly say I liked it.

For one thing, I saw Star Wars on my 7th birthday and, frankly, after that, nothing the BBC put on could hold a candle to Star Wars. Running around corridors with wibbly-wobbly walls just didn't cut it.

So I never got into it until the reboot and - even then - not until the beginning of last year when my wife and I separated and I felt the need to reconnect with something truly geeky *and* English. (I'd seen up to half of season three at that point.)

Now I'm an addict LOL

Anyway... welcome to the club. I would say "we have T shirts" but I'm willing to bet most of us already have. (I have three... "Hello, I'm the Doctor. Basically, RUN!" and "Bow Ties Are Cool" and "Keep Calm and Don't Blink."
  • loril13
    Options
    Welcome loril13!

Anyway... welcome to the club. I would say "we have T shirts" but I'm willing to bet most of us already have. (I have three... "Hello, I'm the Doctor. Basically, RUN!" and "Bow Ties Are Cool" and "Keep Calm and Don't Blink."

No t-shirts yet. My t-shirt collection is probably 90% Disney World and the rest Star Wars. I do rather covet the Van Gogh Tardis shirt. I could quickly go broke on thinkgeek.com. Especially since I just discovered they are having a 25% off all apparal sale!
  • rbartlett9671
    Options
    Don't tempt me LOL I have a couple of Star Wars shirts... "Trust me, I'm a Jedi Master" is one... and I have the "expressions of Vader" shirt - basically, the exact same 12 photos of Vader's head (ie, his helmet) and underneath each one it has a different emotion - confused, happy, sad, etc...

You can get it in Wally world so you might have seen it there :)
  • KelBelz22
    KelBelz22 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hello Fellow Whovians!

I'm Kelly, I'm 23 and I live in Seabrook, New Hampshire. I'm a recently converted Whovian by a MFP friend and member of this group. She got me hooked and now I'm playing the game of catch up as fast as I can. I just started Season 2 with David Tennant last night.

Until I get further into the series, my Doctor is still Christopher Eccleston. I loved him. Though I hear that David Tennant is an awesome Doctor.

I also a huge Star Wars and Harry Potter fan. I tend to side with the Rebels but I love Darth Maul. <3
  • loril13
    Options
    I also a huge Star Wars and Harry Potter fan. I tend to side with the Rebels but I love Darth Maul. <3

I converted you to The Doctor. I can convert you to The Dark Side.
    We have cookies.
    .... and bacon. ;-)
  • KelBelz22
    Options

I converted you to The Doctor. I can convert you to The Dark Side.
    We have cookies.
    .... and bacon. ;-)

I do like bacon...
  • rbartlett9671
    Options
    Hmmmmm... bacon....

Welcome KelBelz.... I'm sorry you like Harry Potter. My sympathes :P

I hate Harry Potter LOL No, really. I'm an Englishman living in the US so here are the top three questions i get asked...

1) Have you met the Queen?
    2) Do you like the Beatles?
    3) Do you like Harry Potter?

No, no and no. I can guarantee it.... I'm a corporate trainer in a call centre and if I train a new hire class, sometimes I won't mention any of those things and see how long it takes for them to ask me.

I've never liked Harry Potter and I never will. I've never seen the movies either. When the last book came out, I too rushed down to Wallyworld and flipped to the last page because I wanted to know if he would die. Alas, no.

Actually, the #1 question I get asked is "where you from?" - to which I reply "Oklahoma" - which is true because I lived there for three years before moving to Kentucky... y'all :P
  • KelBelz22
    Options
    I fell in love with the HP books. Granted I was like 9 years old when the first one came out so I'm assuming that puts me in the age group that the books were intended for. As a fourth grader Harry Potter was the new and exciting thing. It just happened to stick with me today. Anything mystical and magical catches my attention. The movies are good, but I like the books better. As most people say about every book that has turned into a movie.

Oh well. I'll always be a Potterhead.
  • rbartlett9671
    Options
    Oh.... Kelbez, I meant to add... when you find yourself in a jam, just remember these words...

Keep Calm and Don't Blink.

(You'll see.... :P)
  • KelBelz22
    Options
    Oh.... Kelbez, I meant to add... when you find yourself in a jam, just remember these words...

Keep Calm and Don't Blink.

(You'll see.... :P)

Haha I've been told that before but I still have no idea what it means yet. I'm staying away from most fan pages and spoilers because I'm new to this and I've only seen season 1.
  • rbartlett9671
    Options
    Oh you're gonna love THAT episode... it's one of every fan's favourites... it's the one most fans use to introduce non-fans to the show... awesome story... and full of timey-wimeyness :D
  • loril13
    Options
    Hmmmmm... bacon....

Welcome KelBelz.... I'm sorry you like Harry Potter. My sympathes :P

I hate Harry Potter LOL No, really. I'm an Englishman living in the US so here are the top three questions i get asked...

I loved the HP books until about the 5th. The last two were meh. I still plan on getting them all on my kindle so I can reread them and not break my back lugging the giant tomes around.

Anyway ...

Rbartlett - Since Barty Crouch Jr (played by David Tennant) killed Cedric Diggory (played by Edward Patterson) can we then say that The Doctor killed Edward Cullen?
    Please, oh please, can we?

{and just so I don't sound like a hater, I actually loved the four Twilight books. I hate the movies, but I have seen them all and own the DVD's.)
  • rbartlett9671
    Options
    loril, since i have no clue who Barty Crouch Jr and Cedric Diggory are anyway, I say, absolutely! Yes! Go for it! :P
  • mrsjhcrabtree
    mrsjhcrabtree Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey there! 26 living in Atlanta. Pottterhead, Trekkie, Jedi, and recent but obsessive Whovian. (Can barely wait until Saturday! Whovian party and everything)

Looking forward to obsessing with you all! (This, I assure you, is a positive thing)

[/quote]

Rbartlett - Since Barty Crouch Jr (played by David Tennant) killed Cedric Diggory (played by Edward Patterson) can we then say that The Doctor killed Edward Cullen?

UH YES!!! We should def say that :-) (I am a hater. Harry Potter > Twilight)
  • SlvrBluGoddess
    SlvrBluGoddess Posts: 239 Member
    Options

I wouldl agree that The Doctor killed Edward. I am fortunate - I have yet to subject my brain to any of the Twilight movies. Granted they are on my netflix queue so I may get to them... some day. lol I haven't read the books.

Oh, speaking of Doctor Who t-shirts, I have this one... http://www.thenextbesthing.com/doctor-who-wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey-quote-t-shirt/ :heart:
    The whole quote of how time isn't linear. Probably my favourite quote from the reboot. :wink:
  • loril13
    Options
    Oh, speaking of Doctor Who t-shirts, I have this one... http://www.thenextbesthing.com/doctor-who-wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey-quote-t-shirt/ :heart:

ARGH! I needed another whole site of fangirl awesomeness. AND they have Disney AND BSG AND Star Wars. ARGH! My Disney Dooney is screaming in pain. :laugh:
  • rbartlett9671
    Options
    LOL What is this Harry Potter you speak of??

Seriously, whooshing noises could be heard as those names went sailing right over my head.

I hate Harry Potter. I'd probably hate Twilight too but I figured it's not really worth my time to find out :P
  • mom9198
    mom9198 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    LOL What is this Harry Potter you speak of??

Seriously, whooshing noises could be heard as those names went sailing right over my head.

I hate Harry Potter. I'd probably hate Twilight too but I figured it's not really worth my time to find out :P

^Speaking of Twilight,
    Once I banged my head on the computer keyboard and accidentally wrote the 5th Twilight book!