any success stories with doing Leslie Sansone

Options
mrshill2007
mrshill2007 Posts: 78 Member
Has anyone lost any weight with just walking with Leslie....

Replies

• dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!!! I lost 50 pounds "just walking!" Be consistent in your healthy eating and movement, and the pounds will come off.

Good luck!
  • JoanneC_Walks
    JoanneC_Walks Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    No, I can only LOSE weight with a combination of Walk at Home and calorie control. (I've lost 9 pounds since January using WAH with MFP.) I have, however, found that WAH without dieting is a great way to help MAINTAIN my weight.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I used Leslie Sansone walks along with reduced calorie with much success for about 7-8 months, then added strength training after that.
  • Alioops831
    Alioops831 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30 lbs since last summer. It would've been more, but I love bad food too much.
  • furryfeathers
    furryfeathers Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been watching calories since Jan 1 of this year, and trying a variety of exercise programs, all gentle, since I have knees that don't like to bend too much...

Did 2 months with Walk it Out (wii game) and slowly lost weight, but then last week I used the Leslie Sansone videos for the first time, and lost 2.4 lbs, which put me below 200 lbs for the first time in 18+ years!
    Had to buy new jeans :)

Have ordered several of her DVDs and also done some on YouTube.
  • Kellyanne822
    Kellyanne822 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I used only Leslie Sanson DVD's when I first started to lose weight. I heard a little bit about her and picked up a DVD at the store. I wasn't really planning or realizing that I needed to lose weight (highest was 220 - I was so blind!). I found the workouts to be so easy and motivational that I couldn't stop! Before I knew it I was doing 3-4 miles a day and I dropped my first 20 pounds before I really started to even look at my diet. Now I'm back for fore Leslie! Thinking about doing my first 5 mile workout this morning.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I lost weight with her many years ago, back when I had her walks on VHS. I still use her DVDs regularly, but I'm going with Jillian Michaels Body Revolution as my main burn at the moment. I got lazy and gained back some weight recently, so I need something more structured and intense. Leslie's great, though, and you can definitely lose with her.
  • lindsienygaard
    lindsienygaard Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I used the 5 day walk plan for my first 6 months of working out. At first I about died doing the 5 mile. Now the 5 mile is my fave! I lost about 55 lbs doing just Leslie and dieting. I had to switch things up because with miles 1-3 I don't even break a sweat anymore. It's a great way to start out. Plus you burn at least 100 calories per mile!
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    42 lbs eating right and exercising along with strength training
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 pounds with a combo of Leslie, #3 pound dumbbells and calorie reduction/lifestyle change. Unfortunately I've gained 3 back 3 so I'll have to redouble my efforts to lose the last 13. This week I added Chris Freytag's 2 Week Turnaround for variety. I can't believe it but Leslie's 4 basic moves have actually gotten too easy. I still plan to keep to keep LS in my rotation, but need to mix it up.
    For anybody who's wondering about doing LS, I have CP...if I can do this anyone can. Plus Leslie is so encouraging, it's actually fun!
    I hope you enjoy LS!!!
  • sarahslog
    Options
    I love doing Walk at Home!!! I have lost 20 pounds in 3 months doing Leslie Sansone and My Fitness Pal. I will also do a week of strength training every 4 weeks and then go right back to Leslie. Its working!!! Anyone can do it and there are many different levels and dvds to choose from
  • shellfly
    shellfly Posts: 186
    Options
    Lost all my weight while eating healthy / watching calories and walking with Leslie. If you do the exercises at the highest level of intensity you can muster, they will continue to challenge you all along. I only started strength training after I reached my goal, but I wish I'd known about it/started it sooner. I highly recommend doing both.
  • ttinamariee
    ttinamariee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Leslie's workouts for three weeks now. I am eating about 1200 calories a day. And I have lost 8 pounds these three weeks. I am pretty excited about it. :happy:
  • brook97378
    brook97378 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My main form of exercise is Leslie's dvd's. I have tried others, but I always come back to Leslie's. They are my absolute favorite. I have lost 31 pounds since January just changing to better eating habits and exercising.
  • barneygirl
    barneygirl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Is there going to be a June challenge w/ Leslie S.?
  • tmrtynan
    tmrtynan Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My sister in law lost close to 100 pounds by doing Leslie Sansome walking dvd's and weight watcher over the course of a year.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I lost 50lbs mainly working out to Leslie Sansone dvds. To be honest, it all boils down to what you do. Eat right, stay active and you will succeed.