One week in with MFP

Options
caccicoo
caccicoo Posts: 59 Member
I've been doing MFP for a week now and I just called up a report on my progress over the past week. Without realizing it, my calorie intake (which was higher than I thought) has been dropping daily until it levelled off over the past couple of days. It is interesting what actually keeping a record of food and exercise does - even unconsciously! I never really believed what a difference keeping a record could make until I started doing it.

Replies

• johnlatte
    johnlatte Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yep it makes a big difference. Welcome too!
  • caccicoo
    Options
    Thanks John!
  • caccicoo
    Options
    I just weighed myself and I am down 8 pounds for a total of 13 pounds on MFP! Woohoo! But I noticed my banner below my posts now says I have lost 0 pounds! That's disappointing...
  • operator646
    operator646 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Your banner shows 13 pounds lost, which buy the way is great. I think that MFP is one of the best tools that I have found during this journey. It does make a difference when you actually see what your eating in black and white.
  • caccicoo
    Options
    Yes, I hit the wrong key and added 100 pounds to my weight!!!! No wonder it showed no pounds lost. :D
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Haha. That's funny.

I am trying to get my hubby on MFP. He hasn't had WLS (he needs it!) but I think even if he loses 10% of his body weight (30 pounds), it will make such a big difference in his health which is poor.
  • caccicoo
    Options
    Yes, 10% can make such a difference. The problem in getting someone else to do this is they have to want to do it themselves. I suggested to my husband that he do this too, not because he needs to lose weight (he weighs the same as he did 35 years ago in high school - damn him!) but because his nutrition is appalling. Everyone else in his family but him has diabetes and I wish he could see how much sugar he actually eats.