9 Clean & Jerk
9 Toes to Bar

12 Clean & Jerk
12 Toes to Bar

15 Clean and Jerk
15 Toes to Bar

18 Clean and Jerk
18 Toes to Bar

...and on until the 7 minutes are up. Watched the 13.4 Announcement Match Up and they got to their 18s.

Replies

• julieofarc
    julieofarc Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I watched too.... and cried a little. Not sure I get to put a number up at all this week. :( I can clean 95#, but not sure I can jerk that weight. And toes to bar...... hahahahahaha!
  • difabu
    difabu Posts: 143
    Options
    The reverse ladder made me bang my head on the desk.

I can't RX any of it. But I'm going to show up and do what I can do. It's all practice and benchmarking for me with 6 weeks under my belt. =/

I was quite happy for the winner, though! <--- No spoilers for people who haven't watched the head-to-head yet.
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    I hate to have a defeatist attitude, but I'm not going to be able to get this one done. I PR'd my clean&jerk a couple weeks ago... and it was 75lbs. I also have never been successful at toes to bar. So, it looks like it's a zero for me on this one! But I'm still going to give it a try, and I'll know what to work on for next year!
  • MOOOSEEE3
    MOOOSEEE3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Well I tackled 13.4 this morning. I got a total of 46 reps. Pretty happy with that but I will be repeating it tomorrow morning in hopes to get 50 or more. I got no repped a few times on my toes to bar as both feet didn't hit the bar a few times.
  • ahemming1
    ahemming1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Toes 2 Bar are my challenge as well. Got a score of 14 today. 95# is fine, just can't seem to master the T2B. Will try again on Saturday!
  • hillview2
    hillview2 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My PR for the clean and jerk is 75# so no idea if I can get the 85#. I cannot do toes to bar yet. SIGH. Not super excited about the workout.
  • DarkAngellEyes
    DarkAngellEyes Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    So frustrated with this one. I knew I could clean & jerk the 95lbs, but the toes to bar were just not going to happen. Any moves on the pullup bar (pullups, toes to bar, knees to elbow, etc.) are my weakness.

I got a whopping score of 4.

That was expected though, so I'm not too disappointed - just something I need to work on for next year!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Did 13.4 last night, ugh, it sux. I'm not good at breathing when I do a wod. Sounds funny I know. Got a 63 RX'd.
  • MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    13.4 resulted in 2 things for me:

1) Got a new PR for my Clean & Jerk at 135# x4 (last PR was 110 x2). Note: I was able to clean the bar 8 more times, but was unable get it over my head (no-rep)

AND

2) Got my 1st Toes-to-Bar EVER (x3 ... plus a few during warm-ups)

My score was only 7 - But for me it was a huge win !!!!
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    I get to do this tomorrow - my score will be 3 - I pulled something in my shoulder and I can't deadhang (not that I can t2b either)
  • difabu
    difabu Posts: 143
    Options
    My SCALED (@63 lbs and Knees-to-Elbows) results were 57. I finished my 12 C&J and 9 of the 12 Knees-to-Elbows). My OCD wishes I'd pushed a bit more to clear that round of 12s. I really need to stop gently placing the bar back on the ground and just drop it like everyone else. I could definitely save some time there! 63 lbs is a new max OH for me, so I'll accept that small victory.
  • hillview2
    hillview2 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    PRed my clean and jerk at 85 (up from 65) and was beyond pissed that I couldn't get 95#. It is all skill for me vs strength. I CAN clean it but I miss about 90% of the time, my jump is off so I end up killing myself with my arms to clean it.

Any way. Cool that I got 85# but super annoyed that I couldn't get 95# and so get a no score in the open.

FWIW I cannot do T2B.
  • MOOOSEEE3
    MOOOSEEE3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Nice job you guys!!! I re-did the workout this morning and got 50 total reps. I'm pretty happy about that. My hands however are killing me. :)
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    My shoulders are sore.
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    43 today. Went with 115 lbs. Got partway through the 12's.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    34 reps Rx. My kip sucks on T2B, so I had some wasted time. So bummed I didn't get tose last two reps to finish the third round. I'm relatively happy with that score considering two days ago I could not turn my head due to neck/shoulder injury. I'll take it!
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Gotta go in positive! Did it tonight and got 60...round of 12 complete
  • ahemming1
    ahemming1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Did it again and got +9, for a total of 23. I was going to try one more time, but decided not to. I have a feeling there will be chest to bar on next WOD and my hands are hurting. Giving them some time to heal. On to 13.5!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    Friend of mine has moved up to 5th place in Reebok Crossfit Open in the 40-44 age group after week 4. Cory Dague owns Crossfit Fayette. He got me started. Got a 100 reps on 13.4 yesterday.
  • julieofarc
    julieofarc Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    3 for me! My toes to bar miracle didn't happen. My coach did make me keep going after the allotted number in attempts, so I found out my 10 rep clean and jerk max is 95. ;) My goal this year was to have fun and put a number up each week.... crossing my fingers 13.5 starts with something doable.