Hello everyone!

Options
Hi ladies! I'm a bride to be planning a wedding for July 13th and trying to do some shedding along the way. I was doing pretty good since January, but the past few weeks have been stress eating due to work issues overwhelming me.
Am hoping to get back on track this week.

If there's a thread where everyone introduced themselves, please point me in that direction. If not, I'd love for you all to introduce yourself to me here in this thread.

I'm a 45 year old first bride---had given up on being married and was just enjoying my single life, but God brought me a wonderful man who treats me like a princess! We are having a very small wedding, just family and close friends (50 or so), cause we are broke and weddings are so expensive!! Yikes! I never knew they cost so much!

Replies

• Miss_Aurora
    Options
    Welcome BBtano ... I'm in my 40's as well and a first time bride. So feel free to add me as a friend so we can inspire each other along the way.

We've put our wedding off a few years now due to 3 family deaths .. but we're determined it's happening soon. I changed jobs and was told the other day I can't have time off in September .. so our Sept 13th wedding is now off! LOL .. so we're aiming for January now. I don't mind .. gives my fiance some time to grieve the loss of his mother and for me to lose some more weight.

Easter is like the new year I think. Most people have lots of celebrating and choccies ...... then get back on track. Hope work issues start to ease for you.
  • bbtano
    bbtano Posts: 42
    Options
    Wow....sorry you and your fiance have had to deal with so much loss. Glad you have each other to get through it, though. I couldn't wait that long to get married! I was pretty much ready to be married around the time we got engaged last Sept, but he wanted to wait until this summer.
    I'm sure we could have a bigger, nicer wedding if we waited, but he is living in an apt with a roommate and their lease runs out at the end of June and I'm living with my brother's family (because my car was stolen at my apt complex and I didn't want to stay there)---we are counting down the days until we can be together and have a place of our own!
    Thanks for replying!
  • Bunniculette
    Bunniculette Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi BBtano! Welcome to the board, I'm sorry to hear about all the grieving in your families. I'm sure your wedding will provide everyone with some much needed joy! I'm a first time bride in my 30s who was a single mom when I met Michael. I, too had resigned to live single (and possibly celibate lol) forever. I was lucky enough to meet someone wonderful and though we already consider ourselves a married couple, I'm looking really forward to declaring it in front of all our loved ones :)