ovulation question

Options
Ok Sorry I have been asking lots of questions lately but I'm in the middle of my second full cycle on metformin and I'm starting to see changes. So I have been taking ovulation tests this cycle and on Thursday I got my first High Fertile indicator, I had it again Friday and again today (Saturday) (I bought the advanced one that shows High Fertile days and peak days. Today I have noticed some pain on my left side of my pelvic region, it's kind of sharp pains not too sharp that I can't stand it but sharp is the best word I can use to describe it. IS this normal when you ovulate? I never notice these kinds of pains before. Before going on metformin I noticed I had constant cramp like pains that really never went away but got stronger when I had my period. I am not noticing any more cramps all of time but this month and last month I did notice this sharper pain I feel it on both sides but this month the left is sharper and last month the right was sharper.

Thanks! I hope you all have a great Easter (If you celebrate that)

Replies

• Bubbaluh
    Bubbaluh Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Today I have noticed some pain on my left side of my pelvic region, it's kind of sharp pains not too sharp that I can't stand it but sharp is the best word I can use to describe it. IS this normal when you ovulate? I never notice these kinds of pains before.
    Thanks! I hope you all have a great Easter (If you celebrate that)
    '

Its just your egg being released! It swaps side each month, completely healthy and normal!
    The slight discomfort is that your falopian tubes have to cramp to push the egg down :P
    Happy easter, seems like your getting a different kind of egg! ahaha
  • WifeofPJ
    WifeofPJ Posts: 312
    Options
    Thanks for the confirmation I really never felt this before and I thought it was normal but I wanted that confirmation. I am actually thinking that even though I was always having my periods before I may never have actually ovulated before because this is an entirely new feeling for me.
  • WifeofPJ
    Options

Happy easter, seems like your getting a different kind of egg! ahaha

Happy Easter to you too! I'd much rather prefer this kind of egg I guess it's fitting that I'm ovulating during the celebration of Jesus Rising from the dead!
  • SassJess81
    SassJess81 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    The pain is called "mittelschmerz". I've always had it since I was a teen but only noticed it on my left side.
    Wikipedia actually explains it pretty good:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mittelschmerz
  • WifeofPJ
    Options
    The pain is called "mittelschmerz". I've always had it since I was a teen but only noticed it on my left side.
    Wikipedia actually explains it pretty good:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mittelschmerz

Thank you for your input. I have heard of mittelschmerz but I do not think that is what is going on. I am on Metformin to help me ovulate and I had never had this pain before last month and both months my cervical mucus was higher than I've ever had so I'm positive I ovulated. I was just concerned about if the sharp pain was normal during ovulation since I am thinking I haven't ovulated in a long time.
  • Bubbaluh
    Bubbaluh Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Ahaha its something i didnt feel for a really long time either, Its weird but i actually enjoy all my cramping and periods because its better than not having one at all!
  • WifeofPJ
    Options
    Ahaha its something i didnt feel for a really long time either, Its weird but i actually enjoy all my cramping and periods because its better than not having one at all!

I never had the issue of no periods so I don't enjoy those as you do but I know I never felt the ovulation pains before so it's good to feel that you are actually ovulating! I just need to keep myself now from getting frustrated when I'm not pregnant since it normally takes up to a year to get pregnant so really last month was month one this month is month 2. Don't want to go back to that place I was a just a few months ago.