BG-12 approved today!

Options
sed1217
sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
Is anyone thinking about switching meds? I haven't started my meds yet, but when I talked to my doctor a month ago, he suggested Rebif. I wonder if he'll still opt for Rebif now, since BG-12 is a first-line drug as well with better clinical results and fewer side effects. We'll see!

Exciting to see the new drugs getting approved :-)

Replies

• Yellerie
    Yellerie Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I was SO excited when I saw that I have been waiting for this RX to come out. I was on Tysabi & it was working fantactic but then I developed the JC Virus & had to stop the Tysabri :( I was heart broken. I had already tried copaxone, aveonex & rebeif & they weren't working & gilenya seemed kinda scary given the side effects. I can't wait I see my Dr. at the end of the month & he will put me on it then :)
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i am so happy with my avonex, i don't think i am gonna entertain the thought of changing
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I've not been keeping up with the new drugs because Copaxone has been working so well for me. But I'm going to read up on this one - my neuro has asked me the last 2 visits if I think it's time to switch so maybe she knows something I don't :laugh:
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    This is great news !! I have been on Tysabri for 8 months. But, before starting Tysabri, I tested positive for the JCV virus, so Tysabri is only a viable option for me for 24 months( max) or it becomes more of a risk. I'm doing fine so far, but taking a pill sure beats a needle poke anytime!:happy:
  • MzJonzz
    MzJonzz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've been on Avonex since I was diagnosed in 1998 and have had no major relapses. It's only been this past year and a half or so that my symptoms have gotten worse. I feel like if it's not broke, don't fix it but I guess after such a long period of time it could stop being as effective.
  • squeakyfish
    squeakyfish Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I'm willing to restart a med yet. I have an appt next month and plan to ask about this one. I did Avonex and Rebif for about 6 years but the side effects became unrelenting during the last couple of years. I have no desire to start back up on an interferon and the side effects of this new med seem pretty manageable.
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I am waiting for the company to call and schedule a delivery date! I am very excited. I have been on Copaxone for the last 7 years and I am pretty tired of the nightly injections!