Introducing Myself

Options
I've been on MFP for a while (on and off), but now I am recommitting as I am now 4 months PP with #4. I am in my 3rd year of homeschooling and currently have a 2nd grader and a Kindergarten-ish, with two younger kids also. I have very few friends on MFP, so I am looking for more like-minded friends for encouragement, support, and accountability!

Replies

• ropermom
    ropermom Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Though my kids and I are quite a bit older, I still have a crazy, busy schedule keeping everyone taken care of. I often forget to eat right or even at all(sometimes I cook so much I feel like I've eaten already and just forget!) I need to lose about 10 lbs., but it is hard to stop and think about what I eat. I wind up eating whatever i need to just to keep going.....I too am used to eating whatever I want and not getting fat by swimming and running, etc., but now since I am constrained by bad feet I am finding I can't do it anymore. Feel free to add me!
  • Maplemomof4
    Maplemomof4 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 8 mo pp with our fourth baby girl. Mine are turning 14, 11, 8 and 8 months. I've been homeschooling for eight years. I've been on and off mfp for the last while also but just started a 12 week Biggest Loser style challenge so am back for the support and tools. I like e meal tracking better here. You're welcome to add me, if you like. :)
  • LoriRoshawn6
    LoriRoshawn6 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    New here myself, my 6th is 8 months old and I have the baby weight of 6 kiddos to deal with!!

Well.....okay.....it's not really their fault, I've been overweight most of my life.

I think the hs'ing Momma has specifics issues to deal with when trying to lose weight and improve fitness & health. So glad to have found this forum and looking forward to hearing more of your journey as well :)
  • thinbeautifulnonsmoker
    Options
    Hi I'm Christine. I'm a homeschooling mother of 2 boys, 8 and 10, and am approaching the 2 year anniversary of my quit smoking date of 5/1. Since I quit smoking I have gained 40 pounds - at 5'2" that's really uncomfortable. I went from 115 to 155 and am now rapidly approaching clinical obesity. I started homeschooling 2 months after I quit smoking so sometimes it's hard for me to differentiate between challenges that are related to my more demanding schedule, and those related to the radical lifestyle change that accompanies smoking cessation. I am deeply discouraged about my weight and am ready (i think) to do what needs to be done.
  • thinbeautifulnonsmoker
    Options