Wanna do an April Teams challenge?

Options
RedSunshine365
RedSunshine365 Posts: 189 Member
Hi Everyone!

Just wondering if you'd be game for a simple April Teams challenge again - similar to what we did last year? For those of you that are new, sign up below and then you'll be assigned to a team. Just record your daily mileage here. No gps tracking required. Post as much or as little as you want on your daily ride. I'll keep "score" of the team mileage. Just a little friendly competition.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll take care of the rest. Feel free to include your mileage goals for the month (it helps me keep the teams more even)...but it's not necessary.

Red

I need some clever team names!

it's not too late to join us! I'll keep it open through the end of the week (4/5)

Team 1
katzodad
christophenes
harsky
RedSunshine
CDGolden
mdstamand
hawkeyegal199
boubouba

Team 2
narak_lol
TheBigYin
silversurfah
cyclnut64
frannybobs
jhalsey205
lpherman01

Replies

• TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me - I'm having a go at the "Classics Challenge" so probably focusing a bit more on longer rides at the weekend, but I'm still hoping to get my target distance for the month of 885km (550 miles for the metrically challenged :wink:)
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! I'm interested, April goal is 1000 km

[ I like round numbers unlike TBY :laugh: ]
  • katozdad
    katozdad Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Would like to get as close to 1,319km as I can, which is equal to the Strava Specialized spring classics challenge that I signed up to for April. Might not have opportunity to get all the way, but the body is willing. One thing is for sure, I will be disappointed if this is not my biggest month yet.
  • cyclenut64
    cyclenut64 Posts: 154
    Options
    I would like to join, put me down for 400 miles. April is typically wet around these parts but one thing for sure it will be warmer than March.
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I'm in - goal of 150 miles (apologies for whichever team gets stuck with me!!)

Fingers crossed for some more cycle-friendly weather in the UK !!!
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Ah go on then! :wink: I've hit may target this month with a week to go but I'm going to aim for the same... 650k for me please!

Happy riding folks!
  • CDGolden
    CDGolden Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I would be in for a team event...I swing back to day shift so my riding time will open up a bit more
  • harksy
    harksy Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Sign me up
    Targeting 1000km for April.
  • mdstamand
    mdstamand Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    It's not too late, I'd like to take a shot. Won't be riding 1000 miles or anything (still too early in the year and weather is very unpredictable). Snow is still a very real possibility but I'll try to ride as often as work and weather allow.
  • silversurfah
    silversurfah Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I would like to join in... I should do at least 500 miles next month.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options

I am, but there's more chance of Seeing Lord Lucan Riding Shergar down Wakefield High Street than there is of my completing it...
  • silversurfah
    silversurfah Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm confused how does one sign up?
  • RedSunshine365
    RedSunshine365 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    This is just a simple team challenge here....no external website needed. I'll,post teams tomorrow and create a new thread to post your daily mileage.
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    If it's not to late, I would like to jump in.....anything to motivate me to get out on the bike after work and pick up a few more miles.
  • jhalsey205
    jhalsey205 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I would like to get in on this as well.
  • boubouba
    boubouba Posts: 10
    Options
    SIgn me up for 1500 km in April (9 days of spring training camp next).
  • boubouba
    boubouba Posts: 10
    Options
    Signed up, let's do this!
  • lpherman01
    lpherman01 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'll join but the beginning of April is looking very busy so I won't be able to log any decent miles until mid month.
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join this? My April goal is 1000 miles.