BBL mini-frustration moment

Options
Mrs_Bones
Mrs_Bones Posts: 195 Member
Hi. So I started BBL four weeks ago, today is the last day of the first four week program that I'm going to complete. I just finished the "slim and lift" plan and going to start the "slim and shape" tomorrow followed by the "classic" to get the full 90 days that most people see their results in. I'm just a little bit frustrated because in the last month, I haven't seen results as great as I was hoping for. I've only lost 2lbs in four weeks, seen very few inches lost overall, and my pics from today look basically the same as my before photos I took a month ago. I have noticed an increase in muscle definition and I know that my strength has improved tons so I was hoping to see that reflected in my weight loss too. I've even supplemented in my own cardio because I don't find the "cardio axe" very challenging.

I haven't been following the nutrition plan (because I'm a vegan) and I know that the last two weeks, I haven't been eating as clean and logging as honestly as I had previously due to extreme family stress but I didn't eat so badly that it should make my results this little. My diary isn't open, but I'm averaging my net calories around 1500/day with some days a bit higher than that. And that is net, mind you, somedays if you don't subtract my exercise calories, I'm eating 1800/day.

I was really just wondering if anyone else experienced a similar problem in their first month? I know I've heard that in programs like insanity, a lot of people don't really see the fat coming fast until month 2 and I guess I was wondering if this was similar? If someone else experienced this, what did they do to fix it? For now I'm just going to keep going and I've been trying to get back on track with clean eating.

Any help is appreciated.

Replies

• CassarahW
    CassarahW Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If you are being very active perhaps your calorie intake isn't high enough. I'd try a week of closer to 1800 after workout is taken out to see if that helps. Of course increase calories in a healthy way. Nuts, avocados, good oils, etc... Are you doing Shakeology for the morning? You could add coconut oil to that and add in fruits and veggies (depending on how good your blender is). I LOVE almond butter and a bit of honey and a frozen banana in my chocolate shakeology!
  • Rox4191
    Rox4191 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I did BBL too. Don't give up! The high and tight is the absolute best. I didn't see a huge difference in 30 days though. When I started mixing in the High & Tight and Sculpt workouts with Zumba, it was literally ONE week and BAM! My butt was lifted like crazy. My husband was really surprised. I still have major saddlebags, but I'm starting P90x on Friday, so hopefully the calorie burn will bring those down. You may want to mix it with other programs, but don't quit! It's a great workout!
  • Melany502
    Melany502 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am on week 5 and though my bum is getting toned and lifted I know I need to lose fat in that area (always been my problem area) It's a very difficult area for some women to lose weight. Make sure you are focusing on your diet as much as exercise and be patient! I lost less than an inch in my 4 weeks, but that's more than I would have lost had I not been doing it. Give it time!! :)