April - Cycling Challenge

Options
umer76
umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
Hello Group,

Very sunny day here in Oslo and I am not making you April fool, it is sunny in Oslo:happy:

With the spring coming I think cycling would be great idea (especially for those who have knees issues). We have just finished March cycling challenge and I think 2-3 of us have achieved and went over the target. It would be great if more people can join the challenge. You can set up your own target of miles/Kms for the month and try to achieve that throughout the month.

It can be any form of cycling outdoor or stationary bike etc. We can update the stats weekly and that will help us motivated through out the month to do more and push ourselves harder.

Please reply in this thread with your monthly targets and post your distances done throughout the week. Good luck!

Replies

• umer76
    Options
    My personal target for April is 200 Km (125 miles). Yes I am going to do it:mad:
  • Kaddyshack21
    Kaddyshack21 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Wow you are super keen. Good for you!! I am going to go for 60 km, see where I go from there. Thanks for keeping this challenge going!!!
  • Rodamort
    Rodamort Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My goal for April is 320 km (200 miles)! I blew out March's goal of 160 km by over 80 km. If I can add in 1 extra bike ride a week for an hour I can make this. Should be doable. Wife and kids all have their bikes tuned up and ready to go. Going to drag them along with me kicking and screaming, at least part of the way... ;) 14 day forecast shows for mostly sunny skies (couple rainy days), but the weather is warming up and that is a huge incentive to get out!

Good luck everyone!!!
  • GSAllumbaugh
    GSAllumbaugh Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I FINALLY was able to ride outside over the weekend. My goal is to log 100 miles in April and here to hoping that most of them are outside!!!
  • umer76
    Options
    So I have done my today's bike ride. I did 29km in exactly 2 hours. Good start for the month:)
    Average speed was 14.4 and highest was 43.5 km. I just put the bike computer on and it gives interesting information.
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    I'll join this month :)
    I need to consider my goal though. I'll get back about that!
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    GPSHEALTHCOACHING Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I will eventually join this challenge. Still in the 30's here in Ohio. BRRRRR!!! Too cold for a bike ride for me! I really want to move south! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
  • Rodamort
    Options
    4.25 m = 6.8 km. If I took my whole family does that mean I got extra points? So 5 people x 6.8... ;)

April Total 6.8km
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna try a baby goal of 90 miles. I know I should push myself more, but I'd like to pick a goal that's achievable :)
  • umer76
    Options
    I'm gonna try a baby goal of 90 miles. I know I should push myself more, but I'd like to pick a goal that's achievable :)
    For the first month this is a good target that you have chosen. I had set up 60Km target for me last month but I did almost 98 Kms. Go for it!
  • neudeb12
    neudeb12 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    is it too late to join? I'd like to shoot for 50 miles.
  • umer76
    Options
    Never too late! April has just started and you can set up your challenge accordingly.
  • neudeb12
    Options
    great, thanks! in that case I'm down 6 miles, 44 to go!
  • umer76
    Options
    21 Km of bike ride done today. This distance was done in 78 minutes. Average speed of 16.3 Km and highest speed was 43.5 Km.

Total distance for April 50 Kms!
  • Rodamort
    Options
    Total km traveled in week 1 of April: 27.6!

Goal: 320 km
    Actual: 27.6
    Remaining: 292.4

Umer, you're kicking my trash so far. If I can get 3 rides in each week I should still meet my goal and I can throw in a 4th ride with my family for fun.
  • neudeb12
    Options
    Hi,
    got in another 6 mile ride yesterday; 38 left to go
  • mrsbee48
    mrsbee48 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Just found this thread and after I had done 29 minutes at 30km/hr. so did I do 14.5 km? If so I did 40 minutes yesterday so that would make 20 km... So I would have done 34.5 km so far. Tomorrow, I'll start adding up to it. I want to do 125 km this month. I hope it's feasible for a first time....

Happy cycling everyone!:happy:
  • mrsbee48
    mrsbee48 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    34.5 + 14.5 = 49 km
  • umer76
    Options
    34.5 + 14.5 = 49 km
    You have picked up speed already. Well done!
  • Rodamort
    Options
    Another 21.54km's today! Fast ride too... did that in an hour! :) Fastest pace yet. Knew I only had time for a short ride, so I pushed hard.