Meal Planning

Options
stormbourne
stormbourne Posts: 3 Member
So, what are you guys eating this week? Anyone trying out something new or have an awesome recipe to share?
I'll start, I'm making gyros tonight and trying out a recipe for coconut flour flat bread. I know we will be having some of Linda'a low carb spinach lasagna later in the week. Thats as far as I have gotten.

Here is the flat-bread recipe and method - <a href="Coconut flour flatbread" target="_blank">http://www.thrive-style.com/2012/02/fancy-grilled-cheese-on-coconut-flour-flatbread-gluten-and-grain-free/</a&gt;

Replies

• MomtoPug
    MomtoPug Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday I do "Crockpot Sunday." I get a 2-3 lb piece of meat (whatever is on sale), rub some spices on it (I usually go with an Italian or Mexican theme), sear it, and throw it in the crockpot to cook in its own juices. It usually yields 5 portions (my bf eats a LOT so it doesn't go as far as I'd like). It is always great to have some nice tender pre-cooked meat on those weeknights that you just don't have time to prep a meal from scratch.

This week we're working on a London Broil that was seasoned with Worchestershire sauce, basil, oregano, garlic powder, and onion powder. Yum!
  • bleusie
    bleusie Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi there!

New to keto boards here on MFP - and I'm a lurker on reddit - but starting to post a bit there, too! I've been on keto since 2/18 and find that I *must* plan my meals. And my snacks. And my exercise. haha.

So for this week, I've made all of my breakfasts and lunches ahead of time. Go me.
    Breakfast:

Egg Muffin - I layer each muffin tin with 5-6 baby spinach leaves, add a few pieces of a diced tomato, top with a teaspoon of goat cheese, and then cover it with scrambled eggs mixed with dash of heavy cream. And then bake in a 350 oven for maybe 15 minutes or so.

Caveman Keto Kitchen Sink Casserole - I swear this is my favorite thing to eat. Ever. I put more cauliflower and less bacon/chicken thighs than he does, because my macro's just can't handle the 50+g of protein in one meal. I've also added some Chia Seeds to this batch since I now have a bag laying around and figured I ought to use them. can't even tell they're in there!

here's the recipe:
    http://cavemanketo.com/2013/02/25/kitchen-sink-keto-casserole/

Tonight's dinner will be salmon, baked with a pat of butter, and asparagus sauteed in either butter or olive oil. Or maybe both if i'm feeling cray-cray.

and as always, there will be some type of fat bomb right after, provided I do make it to the gym today. :)

Hope everyone is having a nice Monday!
  • BandB1979
    BandB1979 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I always use the leftover meats on my lunch salad the next day.

This week I am going to try and make some chicken strips with coconut flour and maybe try some mozzarella cheese sticks with a Parmesan crust.
  • mocheetoe
    Options
    Over the weekend I made braised pork belly and it was amazing! Definitely not something to eat often though, it is RICH and pretty dense in calories and fat. I just seasoned it with salt and pepper and scored the skin with a sharp knife, seared it in hot oil on both sides and took it out, then sauteed some carrots, onions, and garlic (I know, carb-y, but they actually just get thrown away), added some red wine and chicken stock, then put the pork belly back in, brought it to a boil, covered it and popped it into a 300 degree oven for 4 hours. Let it cool some, sliced it into pieces, then crisped up the skin in some hot oil. strained the veggies out of the liquid and reduced the liquid till thickened. Served simply on a bed of baby arugula w/the sauce poured over top. So yeah, that was my ambitious cooking project for the weekend.

My other new discovery this week is putting a tablespoon of peanut butter in my coffee. I've tried bulletproof coffee but find this much more delicious.
  • stormbourne
    stormbourne Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Pork belly is delicious, I'm quite impressed with that amount of multi-step cooking.
    I am marking down the kitchen sink casserole.

Some weeks I am really motivated and make a soup, a crockpot base meat and keto muffins on Sunday, these last few weeks I just haven't been feeling it. I am making oopsie rolls tonight and foreman grilling bacon cheeseburgers. I have a ton of asparagus so I think we will be having it for a side. My daughter keeps asking for more broccoli bacon salad as well.
  • NicLyn
    NicLyn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm making this

http://aaronandjillw.blogspot.com/2011/08/italian-chicken.html

I've made it before and it comes out to about 10 net carbs per serving. I serve it over pasta for the DH and DD and I have zucchini. So good! I also have stuffed peppers on the menu for the Friday.

I tend to cook one day and we eat leftovers the next. I'm lucky that DH and I both love leftovers, so I'm only cooking every other day.
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    how did the coconut flour bread turn out??