Foam Fest Race in Austin...Are You In?

Options
DontStopB_Leakin
DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
This is the check in thread for the 5k Foam Fest in Austin on October 12th. I'm just trying to get a head count of everyone who's interested in signing up. This is a preliminary check-in; don't register, as I haven't even made a team yet.

Just let me know if you want in. For those who have no clue what I'm talking about, check out the promo video here >> http://www.5kfoamfest.com/

*NOTE* While it's going to be awesome to get to hang out and shoot the shit before, after, and during the race, this group is for people who are serious about the race only. I'm not putting the time and effort into organizing this just so a bunch of folks can show up to either fuck around or start drama.

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Why did you make me join if it's for serious people only?
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    Options
    Because I can.

Now shut up and sit in the corner.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    <<-- Seriously considering going. I'll put it on the calendar as a definite interest. 100% for sure if it were in Dallas but Austin isn't too far. I'll know more as we get closer but I'll keep October clear for now.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    Options
    <<-- Seriously considering going. I'll put it on the calendar as a definite interest. 100% for sure if it were in Dallas but Austin isn't too far. I'll know more as we get closer but I'll keep October clear for now.
    Excellent.

The Dallas one is in April, which is unfortunately too close to get a team together. Right now, I'm just seeing who's interested...we'll start registering and making travel arrangements within the next week or so.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Because I can.

Now shut up and sit in the corner.

Yes'm
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    You know it! :drinker:
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Hellssss yes!
  • DesireeAshley90
    DesireeAshley90 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm just an hour south in SA. This seems fun!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    Options
    I'm just an hour south in SA. This seems fun!
    And you would be? As in, who sent you a link to this group? Just trying to make sure I know who everyone is.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    As far as I know right now, I'm in.
  • DarkAngel262
    DarkAngel262 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm in Houston - I'll be there!
  • flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join!
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I'm very likely in. Training with my daughter (C25K) now, and plan to have her with me. She will be almost 12 by then.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    Options
    I'm very likely in. Training with my daughter (C25K) now, and plan to have her with me. She will be almost 12 by then.
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Anyone with kids, this is totally a kid friendly race, so if you want to bring them along, be my guest!
  • wineplease
    wineplease Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm not putting the time and effort into organizing this just so a bunch of folks can show up to either fuck around or start drama.

Please tell me people don't really show up at races to start drama! I've run in plenty of runs and never experienced this. Is this a MFP problem? I certainly don't want any part of that crap.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    Options
    I'm not putting the time and effort into organizing this just so a bunch of folks can show up to either fuck around or start drama.

Please tell me people don't really show up at races to start drama! I've run in plenty of runs and never experienced this. Is this a MFP problem? I certainly don't want any part of that crap.
    Yes, it's an MFP problem. However, us Texans don't tolerate that crap, so no worries, it won't be happening here. Nothing but fun times on my watch.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

Yes, it's an MFP problem. However, us Texans don't tolerate that crap, so no worries, it won't be happening here. Nothing but fun times on my watch.

And mine. Example of only fun had with Aurie:

70_6934?$VIEWER_IMAGE$
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    Options

And mine. Example of only fun had with Aurie:

70_6934?$VIEWER_IMAGE$
    SHE TRIED TO EAT ME.
  • amberjewel1
    Options
    If I can run by October, I'll be down.