Combating Fatique

Options
mommyshortlegs
mommyshortlegs Posts: 402 Member
How do you combat pregnancy fatigue, especially during the afternoon slump? As yet unbeknownst to the public (MFP friends included), I am 10.5-11 wks. into the 1st trimester of my 2nd pregnancy, with a newly 2-year-old, t'boot. Additionally, said 2-year-old has been inexplicably up since 3:30 a.m., as has, consequently, her mother. Napping isn't an option (I [perhaps stupidly] chose to shower while toddler napped), I have consumed my daily allotment of caffeine, and I seem already to have exhausted the effectiveness of the television as a last-resort toddler diversion. Most days of late, getting dinner on the table and putting an increasingly havocked house in order seem hinged upon Zombie Mommy finding an extra pocket of energy somewhere. Ideas? What has worked for you?

Replies

• Erinthebodo
    Erinthebodo Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry!!! I just am almost 16 weeks now and am starting to feel like a human again. In my first tri I was the same as you.... my house was dirty and my 2 year old and I spent a lot of "down" time snuggling. It will pass, I know that you likely feel like you are dying and I just went through that. Hang in there, it will be better soon!
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Just know it will pass :( It sucks though, I was exhausted.
  • gurney85
    gurney85 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 7 weeks and am feeling the same way. I wish I were as far through it as you! I feel like I'm in a fog most of the time and with almost constant nausea on top of it. I work full time, so I take naps on my 15-minute break in the morning and afternoon, which helps somewhat. I'm having the hardest time staying awake in my chair! I would take naps, even short ones, whenever you can and hopefully you will be through it soon. :yawn: