Still not losing weight

Options
tjwagner4
tjwagner4 Posts: 4 Member
Hi Everyone,

I am looking for some advise and support. I have been vegan since thanksgiving this last year and completed P90x and now I am in week three of insanity. I also do stress management exercise/yoga too. I have only lost 3 lbs, this is very upsetting. I am on a 1500 cal diet and eating a variety of fruits, vegs, tofu, nuts, beans/whole grains and we also do a lot of raw foods with the vitamix. I am very frustrated, I do not cheat on my diet not even at Christmas- not a single cookie and I try and only eat whole foods, though, I do enjoy the morning star food line. I am not sure what else to do! I am 153 and had dreams of being down to 130 by now. I am 5'4 and tend to have a more muscular frame. All of my Aunts are very overweight really obese and now I am feeling destine to just being this way no matter how hard I try.

Thanks
the girl that is getting tired of trying

Replies

• fitatlastforme
    fitatlastforme Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I know it can be controversial but I would suggest eating a bit more. Especially if your doing insanity, I'm only 5' and was eating at least 1900 cals when I did insanity. and since being vegan I've found I'm eating over 2000 as I'm hungrier but I am still losing weight. I pretty much only eat whole foods, feel free to look at my diary : )

Check out this post to get your numbers.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/937709-in-place-of-a-road-map-ver-3-0

Good luck : )
  • jezama77
    jezama77 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I feel like in some ways that it makes sense to eat more, but I too struggle with it. The last time that I lost a few pounds, I had started eating about 200 more calories a day. It seems like I do pretty good getting to a certain weight close-ish to goal, but then I get stuck and sometimes let myself slide, then gain 15-30 pounds and do it all over again!

This time, I've committed to being healthy and eating right, so that if I don't see results...well, I'm still eating healthy and exercising, so keep it up and see what happens! (It's hard though!)

I am currently about 146. I've made it down to 140 before, but seem to come back up after getting down any further. I would like to be between 130 and 135. I am 5'5".

I hope to hear what everyone else has to say on this topic! :)
  • tjwagner4
    tjwagner4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I'll try increasing the calorie amount this week and see how it goes:)