Bridesmaids Dresses

Options
Spent the weekend going through ideas for bridesmaids dresses with my sister.

I've always thought my favourite colour BLUE would feature, but my sister told me a few months ago she wanted coral because it suits her so well.

Gah ... racked my brains as my fiance would like blue as well. I talked to him and he told me he wants to wear a navy suit. So I thought perhaps a coral dress with navy sash/accessories would possibly work.

Couldn't believe my luck when my sister fell for this dress ... and she's going to go with coral accessories & roses.

il_570xN.367768710_4w14.jpg

What plans do you have for your bridesmaids dresses?

Replies

• bbtano
    bbtano Posts: 42
    Options
    My bridesmaids are my SIL's and there's only two. Thought it would be easy because I don't care if they wear different styles, just the same color (our wedding color is purple) but I guess when planning a wedding even the easy stuff isn't that easy!

One of them wants a floor length dress, very elegant style and the other one wants a knee-length party type dress with spaghetti straps. I'm trying to get the one who wants a short dress to at least compromise to tea-length because my dress is long (with a train) and the two flower girls dresses are also long. We are running out of time so I hope they decide and order something soon. Think I'll just try to stay out of it as much as possible! LOL

That dress your sister picked out is GREAT! :) So glad you and your fiance are getting your blue!
  • Katey911
    Katey911 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Aurora, glad you guys worked it out! Sounds like a nice compromise.

Bbtano, hope you guys are able to find a workable solution!

I'm just having one attendant and she was great with agreeing to wear whatever I wanted her to. It probably helped that I want her to feel good and comfortable! We found a floor-length black dress that we both liked and is flattering.
  • Bunniculette
    Bunniculette Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Aurora I love her dress! Its going to look lovely with coral roses!

BBtano Im sure your SILs can work it out, although i do agree the party dress might not be ideal since youre wearing a train. Maybe you should just give them a swatch, a picture of your gown and your prefered length and set them off to shop. And you're right, nothing wedding related is easy! I thought the maids dresses would be easy since i just want them to feel good in some shade of plum... apparently thats asking a lot lol!! They cant agree on anything, so i thought, "eureka! convertible dress. Something you actually might wear again and now every figure can be flattered,"
    ......but two maids think jersey is a no go and my FH thinks they should match (since his guys will match.)

Ug, whatever. They can all work it out amongst themselves LOL!
  • Miss_Aurora
    Options
    Oh dear Bunny ...

Could you get some dresses that can be converted to strapless? OR chose a dress but give them freedom of choice with accessories/shoes?
  • lauraatkinson85
    lauraatkinson85 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My bridesmaids are wearing red, Im having a Christmas wedding so thought it would go nicely with the theme. My biggest problem is that I am having 8 bridesmaids (a lot I know!), and that 7 of them will be aged between 29-33 and the other is going to be 15, so Im trying to find something that will look nice on all of them and not make the young one look too old, or the old ones look too young! Who'd have thought it would be so difficult to find a dress to put your friends in?! x
  • Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    My bridesmaid is my 9 year old stepdaughter and I'll settle for whatever dress she vaguely likes - she is not remotely girly! For that reason, I'm sticking to cream, silver and gold for colours so if she goes for fuchsia/lime green/orange, there shouldn't be too much of a clash!
  • raisingemilyjune
    Options
    my bridesmaids (i have 3, including my matron of honour) are wearing purple, sweetheart neckline with a tulip skirt hopefully. knee length. they're all on board and love the choice :)
  • carom915
    carom915 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    We all love purple! Mine are going to be in lavender long sweetheart neckline chiffon dresses. No if's ands or buts!