Constipation

Options
So i am over a year out and my wife is 3 months out. We are both experiencing constipation with our sleeves. Both of our surgeons say this is normal, but we were wondering if anyone else is having this issue and if so what have you done to help it along so to speak, lol! We cant take fleet laxitives every day as its not good for you. We have tried some mixes with our tea that work in a few hrs. I personally hate this because it means staying home all day until it works or rushing from where ever you are to get home. Ducolax is the devil. I took 3 at 8pm and woke up at 5am with the worst cramps ever, i thought i was in labor and im not even pregnant. and then i was on the toilet for so long my legs fell asleep. not being "regular" effects my weight. i lose weight and then i dont go for 2 or 3 days and then i notice a weight gain of 2 or 3 lbs. as soon as i go, the weight gain disappears. Sorry if all of this is TMI but i was just wondering if we were alone in this.

Replies

• JillyInAZ
    JillyInAZ Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    So.... my first question is what are you doing for fiber? Do you track your fiber intake? How much fiber are you getting from food, and how much are you getting from suppliments?
  • shaahboogie
    Options
    No i dont track fiber although my dr did suggest getting some to maybe help me. so i have started eating protein bars with high fiber. no big change yet
  • MrsKTillman
    Options
    i fight the same issue... its one of the UNSPOKEN issues of WLS. I take Phillips stool softener .. not daily but every few days... one or two works great and gets things moving without the emergancy RUN to a bathroom. and they are gentle and dont cause the cramps... for really bad times i use fiberlax ( walgreens) just take ONE pill and leet it do its thing... takes about 12 hours so its easy to plan for/around.

good luck!
  • escapepod
    escapepod Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Have you tried a probiotic? Might be worth a shot.