April Goals

Options
PlumCrazyGirl
PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
April is here... it's the beginning of a new month

Does anyone have goals for April?
And more importantly, what steps are you taking to reach your April goal?
What could be your challenge or obstacle for meeting your goal?

My goal is to lose 5lbs -- bringing me down to 185lbs.
The steps to reach my goal -- do cardio and strength training plus continue to eat per reccomendations made by the dietitan/registered diabeties counselor.
The challenge I will face in meeting my goal -- I'll be visiting my parents in April. Last night, my Mom mentioned places we can go out to eat. Also during my visit, I am unsure how much cardio/strength training I will do.

Replies

• Sara13CH
    Sara13CH Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about how I wanted to write out my April goals last night. Thank you for posting this!

My April Goals:

1. Eat a plant based/whole foods diet each day
    How : started a group on MFP, find recipes, create lunches and meals, read about plant based nutrition.
    possible obstacles: going out to eat, PMS
    Over coming obstacles: look up menu before eating. Don't go out to eat. Have a PMS plan with alternative foods on hand.

2. Increase my T/Thr walks to 15 min.
    How: walk further
    Possible obstacles: weather conditions, my mood
    Overcome obstacles: work out indoors, find a video on netflix. Place a post it of what walking does for me. Reward-If i go 15 min for 4 weeks I will get a pedicure.

3. Go to all my classes
    How: get in the car and go. get prepared the night before. plan a reason to go other than class
    obstacles: my mood, my thinking...the "I don't wanna!"
    Over come obstacle: remind myself that going to class helps me get closer to finishing school and my goal, that good grades are important to me, that I want to be known and know myself as a good student.

and of coarse continue to track my foods daily.
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Well done -- and yes, go to all your classes!

Do you have a wii? Wii fit?

I ask because on Saturday my wii got reconnected. As I was flipping through the options to refamiliarize myself with the program, I noticed on the cardio portion - there was an island lap run (I think that was the name).

I did this fitness game -- afterwards I learned it was a 15 minute game.

So if the weather is poor and you have a wii and you have a wii fit -- try this for your 15 minute walk.
  • brnsgrsbody
    brnsgrsbody Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Definitely not letting my feelings talk me into dumb food.

I plan on staying consistent in my workouts and logging my foods.

I plan on continuing to learn how to love me and not looking for others to validate me and want to love me.

I have to find this happy inner peace/place with just me.

I have been in and out of relationships my whole life looking for someone to "complete" me but I realized the "complete" part needs to be me.

Things are really hard and trying for me so that's why I keep having to write this.
  • Sara13CH
    Sara13CH Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    brnsgrsbody: so glad you are sharing with us! Thank you for sharing!

You will find peace with yourself and learn to love all of you. Keep taking your power back. It gets better!
  • GWest1967
    Options
    My April goal is to walk 10 minutes each day, 5 days a week. It seems really modest, but if I try for more, I will probably sabotage it. And I love walking around the neighborhood. It's just hard to motivate myself. I work at home and I'm naturally very sedentary/sluggish--have been all my life, so it's not as if I have a memory of being super-active.

Anyway, I thought I would put it out here! I have also cut down on my sugars lately, and I'm proud of that. And surprisingly, I'm not getting a lot of cravings. The 1600 calorie limit I'm on seems generous to me. I just need to get my metabolism revved up a bit.

Thanks for listening...
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I should have given thought to my April goals around March 30th or 31st. Here it is April 3rd already. Obviously I need to have a goal of not procrastinating.

My goals:
    Try to get closer to a vegan lifestyle. Read food labels more closely.
    Increase cardio. Investigate adding strength training.
    Set more specific meal & snack times. That means having more control over my food not the other way around.
    Play with my dog more. It's very therapeutic & I want to give back to her for all that she gives me.
    Don't have my goals set in stone. This isn't a test.

If I can even partially achieve some of my goals I'll be in a better place physically, emotionally & mentally.

Good luck to all in achieving your goals.
  • susanjean62
    susanjean62 Posts: 200
    Options
    I think it is awesome to set these wonderful goals,and you don't let diabetes get in the way. Just think,losing weight can even reverse diabetes.A good friend of mine is dieting with me,and has diabetes,and although it is more difficult,her doctor told her that she may not have to take all the meds,if she keeps going in the right direction. Bravo!
  • susanjean62
    Options
    You have some very good tips and I am interested in learning more about your diet plan.I think adding minutes to your cardio ,and doing in small increments,doesn't seem so overwhelming. Great Job. Welcome to our group!
  • susanjean62
    Options
    You spoke so much truth in your post. I feel very much like you,and realized how much I look for validation in everything I do,and when it's not there,I feel defeated,and that's when I run to food.I think it's difficult,at times,to stop those old childhood tapes,playing in your head. It seems like the healthier I become,the more confident I am and therefore I am stronger,mentally,emotionally and physically. You are doing a great job! Thanks for sharing.
  • susanjean62
    Options
    Thats super to calm down those sugar cravings and not give into them. Do you know someone that you can ask to take some walks with you?I walk alone most of the time,but ask a neighbor to joining me,as it is getting warmer. It's a good way to meet new friends,and also get motivated. Check back in here,and let us know how you are doing. Keep up the good work!:smile:
  • susanjean62
    Options
    Good goals,Evelyn.I especially like the goal of playing with your dog. I lost my dog a year ago,and sure miss her. I have a cat now,and she makes me want to curl up on my chair and snuggle with her(not so great for exercising)..lol... I am doing Lslie Sansone's 5 big miles,and what is great about it,is it come with a resistance band,which she incorporates with the walking. It is quite the burn and has made a big difference in my stamina. Good luck with your goals. Lets have a great April:smile: