This April: Make the Pledge

Options
April is here and it's time to work off that delicious Easter Dinner. Hopefully, with the changing seasons, cycling will get back into full swing. This is a very casual thread meant to encourage anyone that ever pedals. We welcome road riders, mountain bikers,spinners, commuters, weekend riders, etc. to ride everyday in April for Bike Month! You may post whatever you like: Some people keep a running total of rides, others post individual rides. You may post miles, minutes, cadence, speed, & more. Anything that keeps you motivated is also welcome!

Take the Pledge today!

30 Days of Biking has one rule: Bike somewhere every day for 30 days—around the block, 20 miles to work, whatever suits you—then share your adventures online. We advocate daily bicycling because we believe it enriches lives and preserves the Earth. We ride our bikes every day.

http://30daysofbiking.com/

Replies

• Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post.

I have been promising to join the local cycle club (see One and All, Cornwall on Google) for ages and I was in the local bike shop buying tyres today and the guy invited me along again. I said I would join them for tomorrow's ride.

The weather is due to go really bad (high winds and freezing) on April 1st, but I do have indoor rollers - do they count? I hope so!
  • OLeoLionessO
    Options
    Today I'm finally getting better from the cold I had over the week. Just did an easy ride today: 9 miles about.
  • OLeoLionessO
    Options
    Commuted 3.5 miles and took the scenic route around the park on the way home. Road about -25-30 minutes just enjoying this rare nice weather in Arizona. Anyone else get a ride in today?
  • Grubbmeister276
    Grubbmeister276 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I got a ride in, it is very hilly here, so don't have to go 9 miles to get a workout, three does the same trick when I'm short on time, but I usually get 6-10 with hills, and have to wear several layers for this projected winter season. Blessings!
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the duration, aiming for 1000 miles for the month to keep me super motivated, day 5 and I got 82 in so far, but it's going to increase greatly when I start commuting 50 miles a day again on Monday.
    2191d994-907e-4033-8200-fb3ba6d9f610_zpsbbb0b810.jpg